BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   help with removing speedo unit Empty help with removing speedo unit Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:17 pm

colinijohnson

colinijohnson
Silver member
Silver member
Im trying to rmove my speedo to clean connections & have removed the 4 allen bolts but the connector plug just doesnt want to budge!!
I tried looking for the retaining screw on the plug, but cant see anything!

Is it best to squirt with wd40, wiggle it and use brute force?? - #Could this be stuck on with dirt, or am I missing the retaining screw, which I believe is a phillips?

Colin

2Back to top Go down   help with removing speedo unit Empty Re: help with removing speedo unit Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:50 pm

Plug on mine is retained with a small allen headed bolt right in the middle. Ay you undo it it will withdraw the plug. too much rubber and plastic there that could be damaged by the solvent in WD40 and if you use brute force your will destroy something expensive.

3Back to top Go down   help with removing speedo unit Empty Re: help with removing speedo unit Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:15 pm

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Mine has a cap that slides up to reveal the plug.

then there is the very small allen bolt.
This is retained by a small washer that slides over the top of the allen bolt.

Let me find a photo

You can see the washer (rusty) and under that is the allen bolt.
If yours is the same then that is how to get it off.
If yours is different then that is not how to get it off.

help with removing speedo unit Dsc04510

help with removing speedo unit Dsc04511

Last edited by rossko on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Another photo)

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

4Back to top Go down   help with removing speedo unit Empty thanks Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:00 pm

colinijohnson

colinijohnson
Silver member
Silver member
yes - thats mine

thanks for the photos - will do this Sunday if its not raining again!

Colin

5Back to top Go down   help with removing speedo unit Empty Re: help with removing speedo unit Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:31 pm

It rained down here today Colin. Don't you have a garage? I used to keep my bike in my room when I was in the RAF.

6Back to top Go down   help with removing speedo unit Empty yes Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 pm

colinijohnson

colinijohnson
Silver member
Silver member
!! I may have to push her to the garage in the nearby block, otherwise she lives (under cover) on the front path much to the neighbours annoyance

7Back to top Go down   help with removing speedo unit Empty success Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:00 pm

colinijohnson

colinijohnson
Silver member
Silver member
Did it!
thanks

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum