BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K shocks & HT leads Empty K shocks & HT leads Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Some of you may be familiar with a UK company called Realm Engineering who produce rear shock developed specifically for K100/75's and K1100's. They have been recommended for build quality and performance. I believe that they are about to become available with the body anodised in gold, black or silver as well as the original alloy.

Same firm is about to start supplying HT lead sets, again specifically for K's, in red and yellow as well as original black. Approx price for K75 is £40. BMW leads are £25 each!
Don't know about supplying internationally or shipping costs.
I have no connection with the company, just a future customer.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

2Back to top Go down   K shocks & HT leads Empty just in time for me Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:04 am

roys

Silver member
Silver member
Comberjohn wrote:Some of you may be familiar with a UK company called Realm Engineering who produce rear shock developed specifically for K100/75's and K1100's. They have been recommended for build quality and performance. I believe that they are about to become available with the body anodised in gold, black or silver as well as the original alloy.

Same firm is about to start supplying HT lead sets, again specifically for K's, in red and yellow as well as original black. Approx price for K75 is £40. BMW leads are £25 each!
Don't know about supplying internationally or shipping costs.
I have no connection with the company, just a future customer.

hi

Thank you for this information. I went into site and no mention of this, do u have an email one can contact?

I was hoping a none BMW solution may be cheaper - excuse my ignorance but why is a 40GBP lead from them better then an original I ican get from motorworks for about 25GBP each?

also - does anyone know of a compatible OEM source that is cheaper?

tnx
Roy

3Back to top Go down   K shocks & HT leads Empty Re: K shocks & HT leads Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:48 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Roy. I may have not made it very clear. Its £40 per set for a K75. i.e. three leads.
I got the information about the shocks and the HT leads from another BMW forum based in the UK. (That's me barred from this one!)
I'm pretty sure its well known by a few other members of the K100RT forum.
You need to contact a forum member called 'beachcomber' on the BM Riders Club Forum. From what I gather, he has helped to develop the shocks and HT leads for Realm Engineering. Click on this link to find the entry about the leads.
There are some interesting observations about air gaps on it. I know a few on this forum have been talking about this 'urban myth' recently.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

4Back to top Go down   K shocks & HT leads Empty Re: K shocks & HT leads Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:35 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Well worth posting a note about this as the genuine are so expensive another source is Motorrad Elektrik http://www.motoelekt.com/new.htm
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   K shocks & HT leads Empty Re: K shocks & HT leads Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:03 pm

beachcomber

beachcomber
Silver member
Silver member
Hi guys,

horses mouth here. K shocks & HT leads Icon_wink Just been promped to this forum by Ajays and JBW - thanx old buddies.

Yes - Since I retired I have made it my mission in life to get high quality parts for my Kays at REASONABLE prices. Following 45 years in the speciality car industry -35 of those manufacturing my own designed replicas [ Porsche, Jaguar, Cobra ] - I am ideally placed to know how much items SHOULD cost, and better yet, still have the contacts to make them!.

First off, I needed a good quality alloy bodied fully adjustable shock absorber. After 18 months development and testing with the guys that supply the shox for our Race Cobras - the RAM shock series was born. K shocks & HT leads Icon_lol

Next, my plug leads had passed their sell by date - whhhoooaaa - £98 for a set of leads???? [OEM] K shocks & HT leads Icon_evil . Someone is having a larfff aren't they? We pay £85 for a set of 9 for our Race Cobras [ 8mm hi-po ]. So, here we now have the RAM High Power plug leads - initially for 75/100/1100 - price around £40 per set of four [ 8mm silicone ]. Exhausts - yes looking at them as well. had a set developed at Keihans for my Streetfighter and Race Reps - they'll be available as standard replacements soon.

Brake discs - way too dear. Started looking at them last week.

What drives this? Its' not commercial - I have retired. but I have a good pal who I've been connected with for 35+ years who is still in the industry and still has current connections to get this kind of stuff done. I just pass on the results of my personal projects to fellow club members - 10% discount on all parts. K shocks & HT leads Icon_bounce

All the parts will be added to their "day job" website - replica cars.www.realmengineering.com. Tell them TJ sent you.

6Back to top Go down   K shocks & HT leads Empty Re: K shocks & HT leads Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Beachy,
There's some good stuff here from Crazy Frog, try this. http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/bvogel/K100/download/k100_download.htm
Haven't seen JBW yet or OoooBe (Frank). Don't forsake FB, I am using both. I see Renez is here also. Home from home.
I shall be wanting leads but not ready yet...plenty to do on the latest 75s.
I'll be viewing.
Cheers Ajays

7Back to top Go down   K shocks & HT leads Empty Re: K shocks & HT leads Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:43 pm

beachcomber

beachcomber
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Ajays,

Thanx for the headsup on Crazy Frog's info. - really useful stuff.

re: forums - no intention of ditching FB, or any of the others.

My morning ritual [ sad ] over my first coffee of the day and toast - is to scan thro' the Forums. I usually leave the K11OG until the evening as they are half a day behind!

Usually same again with Mid-day coffee, and at least once in the evening. Must get a life!!!

I really regret my lack of German language skills - but it's amazing how quickly you can pick stuff up.

BTW - missed out on the AJS trials bike, went for £1500 [ still silly cheap ] - but matey has put me on to an Aerial version. He thinks it has an iron engine, but what the hey!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum