BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel pump breather tube Empty Fuel pump breather tube Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:35 pm

JGT

JGT
Platinum member
Platinum member
Have replaced the fuel pump on my K100 with one from a Peugeot 205/309 Gti as the original had been ' got at' by a previous owner. The new pump has an integral aluminium pre filter with no vent pipe connection. Surfing the Forum the indications are that it was fitted to eliminate pump cavitation caused, I assume, by air. What creates these air bubbles, is it under tank temperature, low fuel levels, vibration? Am I going to see this problem in normal day to day running. 
The pump change is my starting point at trying to eliminate poor cold starting and erratic tickover, it hasn't! so will look elsewhere. John

2Back to top Go down   Fuel pump breather tube Empty Re: Fuel pump breather tube Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:02 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
For poor starting and erratic idle, cracks in the boots between the TBs and cylinder head would be my first suspect.

You can test for this by spaying some starter fluid around them at idle.  If the idle goes up then you have leaks and should replace all of them.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

3Back to top Go down   Fuel pump breather tube Empty Re: Fuel pump breather tube Sat May 03, 2014 11:58 pm

kartooo

kartooo
Silver member
Silver member
after replacing my boots the bike starts instantly and has a very smoooth idle.
it was terrible  before with hard starting in cold weather and nothing i did would cure the poor idle.
well worth the effort.

05 fjr1300 sold
04 r1150rt sold
91 k100lt sold
r80rt sold
85 K100 sold

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum