BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   MPH to KPH  Empty MPH to KPH Thu May 22, 2014 5:22 pm

JimK75

JimK75
Can anyone please tell me where I can get a speedo dia where the larger numbers are for KMP versus the MPH

It is the card only that I require, if available, with the outer scale in KMP

Last edited by JimK75 on Fri May 23, 2014 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

2Back to top Go down   MPH to KPH  Empty Re: MPH to KPH Thu May 22, 2014 5:41 pm

I would like one of those too. There are plenty of second hand ones on ebay.de and ebay.fr, but I am not sure which ones would fit a 16v K100 and they are not cheap.

3Back to top Go down   MPH to KPH  Empty Re: MPH to KPH Thu May 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
They will read the same.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   MPH to KPH  Empty Re: MPH to KPH Fri May 23, 2014 10:44 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
I have high res Photoshop images of the speedo and tach faces that can be modified to suit.  Get a graphic shop to print them on self-adhesive card or vinyl stock.

5Back to top Go down   MPH to KPH  Empty Re: MPH to KPH Sat May 24, 2014 11:39 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
I used small orange dots of model paint to deliniate the KPH speeds on a MPH speedo face on one of my bikes when I brought it back home to OZ. It works great!

Now, for the kilometres from miles, that's another story.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

6Back to top Go down   MPH to KPH  Empty Re: MPH to KPH Sun May 25, 2014 2:31 am

k-wopper

k-wopper
Silver member
Silver member
Canada went metric in 1978 but the U.S. is still imperial (except for drugs and ammunition bounce ) Most vehicles speedo's read MPH and KPH but I had a BMW 840 that only read K's and many U.S. model only read miles. During the max speed 55mph years you could only get speedo's that read up to 85MPH. Didn't make the high performance guy's too impressed Crying or Very sad .
The problem could be if the OP is trying to register a U.S. import bike that only reads Miles, the Vehicle Inspectors may/can/usually will require the speedo in Kilometers. This happens frequently here.
Just government bureaucracy really as we cross the border so much it's second nature to convert.
If that is the case then an aftermarket dial face may work if the monkeys don't check the odometer?
Does this problem happen anywhere else?
Rob

7Back to top Go down   MPH to KPH  Empty re: photoshop images Fri May 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Beem me up

Beem me up
I would love a copy of the hi-res photoshop images!  It would be worth opening my cluster for.  And it would sure be better than the little arrow cut-outs of colored tape I made for each US speed limit point....  My '86 bike I thought was European may have been from Canada for all I know.  Has only KPH.  (I'll add the last part of the VIN to my profile later and make a new post to ask members.)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum