BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   throttle issues Empty throttle issues Sat 20 Feb 2010, 17:44

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
ok i have 1 issue wif the old girl, have not even looked at it yet,,,
if u accerate slowly the bike reves right upto the limiter, but to snap the throttle open she just wants to stall, any ideas, the bike has sat for about 8 months mybe more, was running good b4 hand, my thought is air filter, stale uel or tps ,
any thoughts on what it can be will be much appresheated,,.
ps is not on road doing it on centre stand, bout 2 weeks before i get a road worthy cert

2Back to top Go down   throttle issues Empty Re: throttle issues Sat 20 Feb 2010, 22:38

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
ok it seems like a big flat spot at the start of the throttle, rev from 1.5rpm dosent have the flat spot, checked the air cleaner it good looks new, checked the coolant level its good checked it after warm up and it seems to be less of a flat spot but from idol to grab a hand fall, still a small spot but not good enough to stall.. the injectors have been cleaned..

3Back to top Go down   throttle issues Empty Re: throttle issues Sat 27 Feb 2010, 16:01

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
air claner good and old feul replaced with premo stuff, still got me flat spot

4Back to top Go down   throttle issues Empty Re: throttle issues Sat 27 Feb 2010, 16:48

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Have you tried to replace the spark plugs? Sometimes the problem is as simple as replacing a bad plug.
quite often, if you have a bad plug or bad wire, the bike will not run correctly at low RPM.
Did you check for air leak? The small hose coming from the crankcase to the air filter is known to develop cracks.
Is your oil filler cap tight? Just remove it when the bike is on the idle and you will see how and air leak affect how the engine runs at low rpm.

5Back to top Go down   throttle issues Empty Re: throttle issues Sat 27 Feb 2010, 18:14

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Alex,
I would do exactly as Bert suggests, air leaks affect the bike low down not at the top revs. Have you checked if your air flow meter moves smoothly?
Regards,
K-BIKE

6Back to top Go down   throttle issues Empty Re: throttle issues Sat 27 Feb 2010, 23:24

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Alex,
Your problem is lack of fuel pressure. My opinion is your Regulator is stuck due to the lay up.
Take it off (situated rear of throttle bar approached from the opposite side.) Blow the import/export openings alternately with you tyre compressor.
This should solve it.
Ajays

AJAYS

7Back to top Go down   throttle issues Empty Re: throttle issues Mon 01 Mar 2010, 02:46

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
the plugs r new and the leads test ok with no cracks or splits, how ever the breather hose is serverly cracked at both ends near the jion to the airbox and the rocker cover, just knowing cars well i think the air flap might be at fault, thought if it was fuel pressure it play up and miss and fart but its not doing that just stall at cold with a hand full and and a decent flat spot at warm, almost like the air flap snaps open and the spring is waek maybe , but b4 diving in that far i think the air hose would be a good start.
thanks

8Back to top Go down   throttle issues Empty Re: throttle issues Tue 02 Mar 2010, 00:39

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good on you Alex,
that's the way fix up the visibly worn out bits and I am sure you will be well on your way to a sweet running bike again.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum