BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   G'day from Melbourne Australia Empty G'day from Melbourne Australia Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:29 am

ZeeBob

ZeeBob
G'day all, Have a few minutes so thought I would intro myself. I returned to motorcycling 4 years ago after a long, long, absence. When it came to buying a bike I read a lot and dreamed a lot and was restricted by a smallish budget. The K bike seemed to be the perfect fit and I found one at a great price that had been stored in a container for 5 years. We pulled it out of the container juiced it up, put in a battery of off she went. It hasn't stopped since - 4 years and 30,000K's later. (Except now, which is why I found my way here. I think it is hall sensors) What a great bike. I have done a mix of city commuting and touring, love the twisty bits and I am in awe of this bikes abilities and reliability. At 51 I still love going hard and there is nothing quite as satisfying as blitzing a young bloke on a sports bike through the local twisties. I read somewhere here that some of you blokes are upset at only getting 5,000 miles from your tyres. Crikey I am lucky to get 5,000 kilometres from mine. What more can I say re the K100 - Easy to service, easy to ride, 900K's is my longest day in the saddle, 2500 k's in three days, and easy to enjoy. Thanks to Bert and others for their contribution to this site. It is nice to have somewhere to come when you get stuck for ideas...Hall sensors...What tha..? I also read on here how some of you guys ride in the snow!!? F**k that! I avoid rain like the plague, let alone snow. Sheesh, that is keen...Happy K biking to all.

This is what she looked like in the container. https://i.servimg.com/u/f60/14/90/89/11/untitl10.jpg
This is what she looks like these days. A rat bike... https://i.servimg.com/u/f60/14/90/89/11/11102010.jpg

2Back to top Go down   G'day from Melbourne Australia Empty Re: G'day from Melbourne Australia Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:30 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome.
We have a "brains trust" here that can sort just about anything.

Your story is bit like mine...off the bikes for 20 years (kids, mortgage, wife etc; not in that order), saw a K100RS on flea-Bay cheap ($3,800) bought it and never looked back.

I'm a tinkerer, so I get myself into more trouble than it's worth, but I'm having fun...and I'm in the shed a lot, so the missus is happy!

Enjoy this forum.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   G'day from Melbourne Australia Empty Re: G'day from Melbourne Australia Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome too...

Your story is like mine too and I believe the same as many people on this forum.
I had ran a survey to find the age of the K100 riders. You are within the average. Hey life starts after 50 Razz
I avoid rain too, but don't dislike the challenge of riding on snow. Years ago (at least 30) I had sidecars and the winter was my favorite season. I was young and crazy! Now, I am older and should be wiser but...... No I am still crazy.
This is why I choose my nickname: Crazy + French.
Why French are always refereed as Frogs? We sure eat their legs, but we have other good food.
Anyways, enjoy this forum.

Bert

4Back to top Go down   G'day from Melbourne Australia Empty Re: G'day from Melbourne Australia Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:32 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi ZeeBob,
Good to have you on board, sure had some scorcher weather in Melbourne this year, still need to make up for the record snow in the northern hemisphere.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   G'day from Melbourne Australia Empty Re: G'day from Melbourne Australia Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:06 am

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
Smile You know about Melbourne weather... if you don't like it, wait around for 10min and it will change Smile Welcome ZeeBob.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum