BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Clean screen or replacement Empty Clean screen or replacement Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Fliggy

Fliggy
Before I bought my 100RT it had been sitting in the rain unused and unloved for over a year. Unfortunately, as well as a number of other consequences, the screen is now faded / opaque and it is next to useless. I have tried the ultra fine cleaning pads and scrubbed it until I nearly lost consciousness but without success. In the UK it doesn't matter how clear or dark your screen is, the rider's ability to see the road is irrelevant. However, I reckon it's quite important. Anyway, that's a long way round to ask; does anyone have a spare screen they want to get rid of or know of a good way of cleaning them?

Many thanks. Will.

1991 RT based in Surrey, UK.

2Back to top Go down   Clean screen or replacement Empty clean screen Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Gordon Smith

Gordon Smith
Silver member
Silver member
Had the same problem with my R80 RT, tried the old polish with Brasso and soft cloth trick. Success, with patience.  Keep the cloth moist and free from dry powder and with a bit of time you should have a clear screen. This also worked on aircraft Perspex. Good luck Gordon Smile Surprised-o:

3Back to top Go down   Clean screen or replacement Empty Re: Clean screen or replacement Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:09 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
aye Gordon ...did the same here as well

followed up by plastix plastic polish

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum