BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   And yet another New from New Zealand Empty And yet another New from New Zealand Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:30 am

WandererK1

WandererK1
Silver member
Silver member
Hi all,

Have been a lurker for a while, Great forum, guys and info... Very Happy

Not to sure what people put in there intro, so here goes, New K1 owner, 2 months, have had a lot of bikes, and riding a R11S for last couple years, lusted after a brick for many years, an found my K1 in Tauranga, 3 previous owners, classic black, and a honest bike with 37k miles on her, but needing some cosmetic work... So currently in a lot of bits getting a deep clean and service, maybe next year a full strip, and restoration...

I can attribute my disease to Mike P, and his tart up threads, had some emails with him recently to, and am very sad that he has passed away, a great inspiration to many Im sure, me being one of them...

I see a lot of UK members, so will mention Im ex UK, Essex born, and time in Plymouth, along with other parts, but been on this side of the planet for 30+ years, now mid 50s...

Also would love to hear from, and link up with other K owners, not just K1s, any is good by me.
Do we have the ability to post private messages, or put up a phone number here i wonder..?   Shocked

Cheers Jeremy   Surprised--o:

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Jeremy,

Welcome from the other side.

You will find all sorts of Ks here, K1 K100 K1100 K75 in all their variations.

You will also find a great willingness to help, lots of technical knowledge and also some meet ups.

On the home page there is a section on what to do if you have just bought a K. Have a read.

Guys love photos of your bits. Bike bits that is.

There is also a nice sort of banter and sociable side. Most of us will never meet face to face but enjoy great chats here.

If you do find yourself coming back to say hello do let us know.

1983 K100RS 0011157 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 58,200 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 48,061 miles.
1983 K100RS 0004449 Odette R100 colours 58,000 miles. Sprint fairing now 61,190 miles

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Jeremy,

Private messages can be found using the Inbox tab at the top. There is a button to create a new message at right, not at the top but not far. 
Welcome to the Klub.

Cheers,

Bill

1984 K100RT  VIN 0023022  Work needing lots of progress

1986 K100RT  VIN 0090542  Work needing lots and lots of progress
1993 K1100LT  VIN 0183046  Work in progress
1993 K75S  VIN 0213045  Tom the Triple (now on Historic rego too.)

Mossy1200

Mossy1200
Platinum member
Platinum member
So many new K owners in New Zealand that we might need import some to keep up with demand.

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
G'day Jeremy and welcome along.

Please don't post your phone number as you may get all sorts of dills giving you a call. But if you're a lonely type, that could work to your advantage. Shocked 

If you want to PM someone, there is another way to what Bill said; a PM link is in the bottom left corner of their post.

PHOTOS! yes I'm shouting. We're a bunch of sad sacks that like looking at photos that have anything to do with K's. Hell, we even like looking at photos of anything!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

WandererK1

WandererK1
Silver member
Silver member
blaKey wrote:G'day Jeremy and welcome along.

Please don't post your phone number as you may get all sorts of dills giving you a call. But if you're a lonely type, that could work to your advantage. Shocked 

If you want to PM someone, there is another way to what Bill said; a PM link is in the bottom left corner of their post.

PHOTOS! yes I'm shouting. We're a bunch of sad sacks that like looking at photos that have anything to do with K's. Hell, we even like looking at photos of anything!
Hahaha yea Im with you there... Good call re the phone number, thx....

So to pics, how does one post them on this forum..?   J

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I had a quick look around for how to post pictures, but I can't find anything...but I know it's here somewhere.

Use the Search facility and see how you go.

8Back to top Go down   And yet another New from New Zealand Empty First pic test Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:33 am

WandererK1

WandererK1
Silver member
Silver member
And yet another New from New Zealand Img_3410

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Nice!

WandererK1

WandererK1
Silver member
Silver member
92KK K100LT 193214 wrote:Hi Jeremy,

Welcome from the other side.

You will find all sorts of Ks here, K1 K100 K1100 K75 in all their variations.

You will also find a great willingness to help, lots of technical knowledge and also some meet ups.

On the home page there is a section on what to do if you have just bought a K. Have a read.

Guys love photos of your bits. Bike bits that is.

There is also a nice sort of banter and sociable side. Most of us will never meet face to face but enjoy great chats here.

If you do find yourself coming back to say hello do let us know.
 Thank you.. And yet another New from New Zealand 502531
I do have a desire to come over in the next couple years, buy a bike, and tour around, go visit family history places, and Ireland will be on the list... A good beer an all... Chrs J

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good to have you with us officially Jeremy

nice looking bike

good luck with the work that you have planned

cheers from another of your "great western island" brethren

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Nice K1...Enjoy this forum pal..it is the best.

I have just sold my last K100rs to a Belgium man and his son. My family tells me I am too old now at 86 and getting dithery...however, I am still watching and may again find another without telling the family. Welcome home.
                                                                             Ajays

AJAYS

Kyle10

Kyle10
Life time member
Life time member
Sweet lookn bike, Jeremy. And welcome. K1's are fast attaining collectible status with prices reflecting that. Looks like you got a goodn'. 

(Does Jeremy count as part of the ongoing Aussie Invasion?)  Rolling Eyes

Lord help us...

WandererK1

WandererK1
Silver member
Silver member
Kyle10 wrote:Sweet lookn bike, Jeremy. And welcome. K1's are fast attaining collectible status with prices reflecting that. Looks like you got a goodn'. 

(Does Jeremy count as part of the ongoing Aussie Invasion?)  Rolling Eyes

Lord help us...
Hahaha some say oneday New Zealand will be another state of Australia   lol!

Maybe we got a Kiwi Invasion going on, as i see several newbies from here...

Agree there seems to be a K resurgence, an a collectable piece in my mine, keen for another to go alongside, maybe K75, or 100/1100, an i can feel a project coming on... Big thumb

Cheers Jeremy

WandererK1

WandererK1
Silver member
Silver member
charlie99 wrote:good to have you with us officially Jeremy

nice looking bike

good luck with the work that you have planned

cheers from another of your "great western island" brethren
Hi Charlie,

Thanks mate, Brizzy eh, I got family in Surfers, get over often, need a bike there then i could go explore some of those awesome places you have, fond memories of a 3 day trip into the hills north of Briz, sadly in a car, but i did have a hot date with me, lol... Maleny and around... Beautiful places in the Blackall range...

Cheers Jeremy

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Jeremy.

It's nice to have you joining our group, but we are sad to learn that MikeP has passed away.
I invite all of you to read what he had to write about his condition. This may be an eye opener for few of us.
Please re-visit this post and read his blog again.

RIP Mike. And yet another New from New Zealand 2493-23

CF

WandererK1

WandererK1
Silver member
Silver member
Crazy Frog wrote:Welcome to the forum Jeremy.

It's nice to have you joining our group, but we are sad to learn that MikeP has passed away.
I invite all of you to read what he had to write about his condition. This may be an eye opener for few of us.
Please re-visit this post and read his blog again.

RIP Mike. And yet another New from New Zealand 2493-23

CF
Thank you Crazy Frog,
Yes I read it on this forum a few days ago, on the end of his K1100 project thread, he was working on,
Passed away on Sept 5th I think it was, with family and friends by his side, a very sad day for the K group, and all that knew him...
Thanks for the link to his words, I shall have a read later...

Cheers Jeremy

Be made

Be made
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry mate Ive just found this thread otherwise would have welcomed you sooner!

Great to have a local local here on the forum.

I bet you are loving these new ringroads we have here in Hamilton on that lovely machine of yours . . especially the bit that goes past Fairview Downs . . .hee hee . . . and the Taupiri sprint

I love the look of the K1 . .  always have, but just like look of a chop a little more

Boydds will look after you for tyres and batteries and Matt, @ Hamilton Motorcycle Centre would be the best K engine mechanic in the country if you ever run across any issues you can't do yourself. He's from the days when they sold these bike like hot cakes with the dealership in London st.

Just be warned he don't come cheap though, around $100 / hr

WandererK1

WandererK1
Silver member
Silver member
Be made wrote:Sorry mate Ive just found this thread otherwise would have welcomed you sooner!

Great to have a local local here on the forum.

I bet you are loving these new ringroads we have here in Hamilton on that lovely machine of yours . . especially the bit that goes past Fairview Downs . . .hee hee . . . and the Taupiri sprint

I love the look of the K1 . .  always have, but just like look of a chop a little more

Boydds will look after you for tyres and batteries and Matt, @ Hamilton Motorcycle Centre would be the best K engine mechanic in the country if you ever run across any issues you can't do yourself. He's from the days when they sold these bike like hot cakes with the dealership in London st.

Just be warned he don't come cheap though, around $100 / hr

Hi Smile   Cool, and thanks for the sharing of people n stuff, know Matt well, and also Boyds, did the new tyres on my R11 there a while ago... K1 is in bits rite now, and will need to go to Matt when its back together for a bit of a tune check...
Saw your bike outside at the Boyd BMW night, was looking to see if i could put a owner to it, having seen on here, but then missed you going... Maybe a coffee ride oneday..?

Cheers Jeremy

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
[quote="WandererK1"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/19/00/33/83/img_3410.jpg[/img][/quote]
 nice !!

how do you post pics? Need a photobucket a/c ?

K100RS  1983 and 1986 (bought a 2nd and put them both together in a dark garage thinking that i would get a heap of parts from the progeny but nothing happened- think they're gay)  Laughing Laughing Laughing

1985 K75, Guzzi V7 Special, 1986 GB500, 1974 T500, 1986 MB5 with the whoppa 100cc engine transplant, NC 700 SA Honda, two 1986 Kawasaki BR250s

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

WandererK1

WandererK1
Silver member
Silver member
werewasi wrote:
WandererK1 wrote:And yet another New from New Zealand Img_3410
 nice !!

how do you post pics? Need a photobucket a/c ?

Hi, just been messing around trying to remember how to do pics myself, best description is do a search on home page for pic downloading... No you don't need a photobucket, but this site has a simular thing in its bits.  J

Be made

Be made
Life time member
Life time member
WandererK1 wrote: Maybe a coffee ride oneday..?

Cheers Jeremy
Sound like a plan man. PM me and we can tee it up

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum