BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel pump cage K100 Empty Fuel pump cage K100 Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Flip2

Flip2
Silver member
Silver member
Hello, again. After recently putting in a new gasket under the fuel sensing lever on the bottom of the tank ,to replace the old leaking one, I noticed more black sinking debris in the tank and realized the two vertical rubber   pieces on the fuel pump cage (that touch the side of the tank)   are breaking apart . I cleaned out the tank a year ago and removed a lot of gunk, at the same time I put in a generic fuel pump (thanks to the forum).

I would prefer  to leave the  falling apart vertical pieces the way they are. Are the broken pieces okay floating around in the tank ? And if they need to be replaced  how do you do that in such a tight and hard to see area? 
Cheers

ps why did the original search box get switched to google?

2Back to top Go down   Fuel pump cage K100 Empty Re: Fuel pump cage K100 Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Any rubber part starting to disintegrate should be replace ASAP. Failing to do so may result in a fuel pump/injectors replacement.

About the search engine, it is the same for at least 2 or 3 years. The search engine provided with the forum software is quite inefficient and the Google search box will display results only found on this forum. Google robots are always scanning this site and it makes sense to make use of their database.

3Back to top Go down   Fuel pump cage K100 Empty Re: Fuel pump cage K100 Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Flip2

Flip2
Silver member
Silver member
Ok, thanks.  . . Does anyone have an easy or easier way to remove these pieces? They appear to be wedged in there really tight with little room to work with.    I think I read they are there to keep that sharp edge away from the side of the tank?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum