BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Hello from Tassie Thu 05 Feb 2015, 20:20

David Menzies

David Menzies
Hi Folks,
I've just joined the forum after reading several really useful posts over the last few weeks. I recently bought myself a project that will (hopefully) keep my weekends interesting for a couple of years. Its an aged K100RS, last ridden in 1997. Its' pretty rough, but it was relatively cheap so I guess there's not too much at stake.

I've been busy for last couple of weekends doing a bit of maintenance and trying to get her started, but after (subsequently) looking at the fuel pump and injectors, I think I'm on my way along the right path.

I want to get her running so I can assess what might need to be done mechanically without stripping it right down. Hopefully the work is mainly cosmetic, but even then its a serious task:D
Cheers, David

http://www.m2a.com.au

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Thu 05 Feb 2015, 20:35

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Hi David,

Good to see another K saved on this great land we call Tasmania, ''Cripp it Real'', you know what I mean.

I'm sure you will enjoy the experience of getting your new project running, any problems just ask, if we here on the forum don't know then its probably not worth knowing. Lots of talented people willing to help out.

Regards Bushy

k100 RT 1988 #0095723
K100 RT 1984 into Custom Single seat.  #0024503

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Thu 05 Feb 2015, 21:07

David Menzies

David Menzies
Thanks Bushy.

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Thu 05 Feb 2015, 23:03

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to K-World David.
Good to see another K saved... full stop, but Tassie is certainly a great place to ride her.
Do you know what year she is?
What plans do you have for her?

Cheers

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Hello from Tassie Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Thu 05 Feb 2015, 23:22

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Hi David , welcome to the Knuthaus. A kool place to find all things K related. 
plenty here to help you along , feel free to ask and and share as you venture through your new K.

It was great to have spent a brief time down your way , Tassie exceeded all expectations . 
If you suddenly feel the affliction of needing another K , we spotted this one in Invermay , near Launceston , not far from you.
We tried filling up here at around 7pm on a sunday, instead we found this
Caltex on the southbound into Lonnie.  $2500.  large top box mounted also. any suggestions what year model?
Hello from Tassie 60411

We look forward to hearing of your progress. cheers Ed.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Hello from Tassie 10_x_110

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Fri 06 Feb 2015, 01:32

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
I'm pretty sure that is Dennis's old K, sold to Rob Mc approx 3yrs ago, great bike Dennis looked after it well, 12 rivet shaft, new final drive and shaft, Rob only had it a short time, looked after well also, So if current owner hasn't done anything to it it would be a great buy. Large givi box fitted by Rob. Paint job gives it away.
Model '88 Rt I think contact Dennis I'm sure he would be happy to confirm.

Bushy.

Last edited by bushyintas on Sat 07 Feb 2015, 16:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : model added as asked.)

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Fri 06 Feb 2015, 01:45

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Just found these....
Hello from Tassie 112110

Hello from Tassie 06291110

Dennis's old Black and my White K before spray paint and restoration.

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Fri 06 Feb 2015, 01:58

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
where was the pic taken Bushy?

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Hello from Tassie 10_x_110

9Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Sat 07 Feb 2015, 16:14

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Top pic was taken at Hawley Esplanade Hawley Beach Tas & bottom one St Georges Park Melrose St East Devonport north of where you board the
''Cash Cow" (Spirit of Tasmania).

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

10Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Sat 07 Feb 2015, 19:16

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
Now we have 'em joining up from the length of the East Coast. I wonder if he has his Tassgawain Passport. I have two, one for each personallity.

BTW Welcome to the Knuthouse

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car

11Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Sat 07 Feb 2015, 20:25

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
I know what you mean,
every time I ride the Solo seat K I have to leave the more sensible half of me behind.....

the ride is more enjoyable that way.

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

12Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Sun 08 Feb 2015, 04:20

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
lol!   Well I live on the little island to the north of Tassie Very Happy Very Happy
I Know Tassie is the Mainland.

Now other are going think that I'm crazy (they could be right), but I know all the facts about Tasie

It increases my paranoia

13Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Sun 08 Feb 2015, 14:19

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Hello from Tassie Map_au10

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

14Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Sun 08 Feb 2015, 16:29

David Menzies

David Menzies
Kaptain Holister wrote:Welcome to K-World David.
Good to see another K saved... full stop, but Tassie is certainly a great place to ride her.
Do you know what year she is?
What plans do you have for her?

Cheers
Hi Kaptain,
My K is a 1984 model. I plan to customise, mainly by stripping it back to the bare essentials and adding some paint and polish. I've seen some really great cafe examples that offer plenty of inspiration..whether I will go that far will depend upon time and money. My focus just for now is the get the motor running so I can get a feel for how far I need to go. It's not a pretty one - it has rested under a house since 1997 and it appears that it probably wasn't well maintained before that. Cases are corroded, years of oily/dusty accretions in all of the hard to get to places, but I'm told it has done only around 100,000 ks, so theoretically it should have some life left...I'll post some photos at some stage.
Cheers

15Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Sun 08 Feb 2015, 16:33

David Menzies

David Menzies
groverK wrote:Hi David , welcome to the Knuthaus. A kool place to find all things K related. 
plenty here to help you along , feel free to ask and and share as you venture through your new K.

It was great to have spent a brief time down your way , Tassie exceeded all expectations . 
If you suddenly feel the affliction of needing another K , we spotted this one in Invermay , near Launceston , not far from you.
We tried filling up here at around 7pm on a sunday, instead we found this
Caltex on the southbound into Lonnie.  $2500.  large top box mounted also. any suggestions what year model?
Hello from Tassie 60411

We look forward to hearing of your progress. cheers Ed.
Hi Ed,
Thanks for your post. I've seen a couple of good value K's advertised here recently, and I think I saw the one you're referring to on Gumtree - I would've been interested but it was sold, or so I thought.

It certainly looks to be in good nic.
Regards, David

16Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Sun 08 Feb 2015, 16:39

David Menzies

David Menzies
larrikin wrote:Now we have 'em joining up from the length of the East Coast. I wonder if he has his Tassgawain Passport. I have two, one for each personallity.

BTW Welcome to the Knuthouse
Hi Larrikin,
Thanks for your welcome! Been local for a long time, but don't have 'the scar'...born elsewhere Very Happy

17Back to top Go down   Hello from Tassie Empty Re: Hello from Tassie Sun 08 Feb 2015, 20:13

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
For those on the little island north of the Mainland (Tassie), if you flatten Tassie out, the area would be bigger than the rest of Australia.

If one Tasgawian goes to the Little Island (North of Tassie), the IQ of that Isalnd doubles.

It increases my paranoia

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum