BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

301Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:20 am

Stan

Life time member
Life time member
Great to hear the reports from the attendees. Sounds like the old gang is still up to doing silly things. Unfortunately I could not attend as I was recovering from surgery. Why is it that the older you get the more parts of you need attention ? Question

302Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:36 pm

Saxon7

Saxon7
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Ulli and Bob for the ride reports and Gaz for the photos. I love a good cold ride...makes you appreciate that warm fire or glass of Fireball at the end
I agree this ride is an important one so let's keep it going. Just some unfortunate coincidences of people being unable to attend this year.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc7NNjWO7nHEhMpErSDJ5Hw

303Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:19 am

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Hi All, I had a message from Alison a couple of days ago asking me to pass on Christmas wishes to all here on this great forum from RossKKo’s family.
They look forward to seeing some of us again in 2024.

Cheers

304Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:55 am

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Well forum members, here we are exactly 2 months to the anniversary of the passing of our great mate Rosskko and so its time to consider plans for riding to Bathurst/Mt Panorama to honour his memory in the usual way.

I have been in touch with Ross' family and they are on board for our gathering on the mount on Sunday 26th May 2024 at 11.00am.

For info and consideration, those of us from north of Bathurst who went on the recently completed Southern Run for 2024 decided to have lunch at the Coronation Hotel in Portland on our way south. Apart from feeding ourselves we were interested in checking out the place as a possible Saturday night gathering or Sunday night kick back and relax after remembering Rosskko. We didn't get around to going upstairs to check out the rooms but the lady who appears to run the place was very welcoming and would be pleased to have us (including lock up yard for bikes).

Over to you all. Let the plans begin.

Cheers

305Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:16 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
I'm in! Thinking about taking 3 days...leave on the Friday, long cut to somewhere for Friday night and drinks, then maybe the Globe @ Rylestone for Saturday night and drinks (as has been the tradition over the years), Portland on Sunday night for lodging and drinks and thence back to reality on the Monday, Putty or Bylong OR the old highway north....
from Portland, Bell road to East Kurrajong, over the Sackville ferry, Wisemans Ferry, Kulnura, down Bumblebee, Yarramalong valley, Mandalong road to Cooranbong / Freemans Waterhole and thence home.

Just thoughts at this stage.

Rickmeister.

306Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:52 am

Saxon7

Saxon7
Life time member
Life time member
I'm keen to tag along. 
I should have Little Miss Trouble sorted by then, some new tyres for the Barely Rideable etc.
Travelling with her will limit my accommodation options somewhat, so a pub with camping area would be good. 

Sean, busy teaching his dog Säggsch..

307Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:42 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
I shall begin prepping the R1250RS for the journey, date noted in calendar.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 K-dogs10

308Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Thu May 02, 2024 4:20 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Lads, The annual Rosskko's get together is fast approaching. Spoken with Gaz. Our plan is to go to Rylestone on Saturday, 25th May, stay at the Globe hotel. We will make our own bookings for the digs, as it gets too complicated otherwise.

On Sunday, we will make our way to the top of Mt Panorama, meet up at 11:00 for yaks and a tipple of the Honey Bourbon. As has been the tradition for the past years, we will then head into Bathurst's Irish pub for lunch and more yakking.

After lunch we plan to make our way to Portland and overnight at the Portland Coronation Hotel. Again, make your own bookings.

On Monday, we plan to head east, Bell road, to the Putty road, turn RIGHT at the Putty road and then left at East Kurrtajong to the Sackville ferry, then Wisemans Ferry, then along the Hawkesbury towards Jerries, then down Bumblebee to Yarramalong, head east towards Wyong, left onto Hue Hue road, then left towards Dooralong, Mandalong and then Cooranbong. Then head north and make our way home from there.

That's the plan.

Rickmeister.

309Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Thu May 02, 2024 9:29 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Unfortunately I have to pass on this one however I will drink a toast to Rossco around 11.00 on the day.
Hope you all have a good time and a safe ride.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

310Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Wed May 15, 2024 4:15 am

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
Have an all day event Saturday, so I'll head up Sunday morning and find the Krew at the mountain.
I've booked into the Coronation at Portland for Sunday night for a convivial evening. You blokes better come up with the goods.   Laughing

Looking forward to catching up again. Must remember the brick shot glass.

Bill

1984 K100RT  VIN 0023022  Work needing lots of progress

1986 K100RT  VIN 0090542  Work needing lots and lots of progress
1993 K1100LT  VIN 0183046  Work in progress
1993 K75S  VIN 0213045  Tom the Triple (now on Historic rego too.)

311Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Wed May 15, 2024 7:46 am

Saxon7

Saxon7
Life time member
Life time member
Four velocipedes in the shed and none of them capable of getting me to Bathurst next weekend, barring divine intervention. Waiting for a brake line and a rear tyre for the HD, the brakes on the Stealth K seized this morning and despite adjusting the toe-in on the chair, is still very scary to ride... * scratching my head there. The other two bikes are still in the project stage. Tilly isn't really up to a slightly longer ride yet either.  It's beginning to look like a day trip in the carLet RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 20240515 for a quick catch-up on the Mt.

312Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Yesterday at 1:44 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Have any of you old buggers a spare bed in your room at the Globe pub on Saturday night, as they are fully booked?

313Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Yesterday at 3:47 am

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
G’day Tackler, I’m in a twin with Waz at the Globe. There may be a chance at the Rylstone Hotel just up the road on the bend.
Look forward to seeing you.

To all who may be heading to Mt Panorama, I’ve had a message from Alison that she has booked a table at the pub down in town for us for lunch.

Cheers

314Back to top Go down   Let RossKKo ride with you - Page 7 Empty Re: Let RossKKo ride with you Yesterday at 10:42 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Gaz.  Now booked into the Rylestone Pub.  

In true Aussie tradition, I was hopeful of bludging a bed of one of me mates instead of having to pay full price.  I'm a pensioner, I'll have you know.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum