BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from the USA Empty Hello from the USA Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:25 am

Doc5440

Hello everyone!
My name is Michael aka "Doc" and I am a Property Manager living in Detroit. After turning 40 last year, I decided to re-enter the world of bike riding. I was a long time Motoguzzi rider when I lived in Southern California but gave it up when I came to Michigan (who wants to ride in snow??). This is the first time i have ever done anything with any BMW's. I found my current bike sitting in a garage in souther Ohio. It is a 1985 K100rt that did not run, had no lights , battery or body parts and had been sitting for at least 4 years. The great thing about it is that it had less than 13000 miles on it. After getting it home in July the race was on to get it running and on the road before winter. Mission accomplished! (Yes, a Ford fuel pump makes a great replacement part....) I was on the road by the end of August. While i was working on it, I spent 3 weekends going through the local motorcycle safety course so I could be licensed again. Last week, I started working on it to get it ready to paint. (It is currently 5 different colors). I have even gone so far as to set up a work bench in my living room so I can work on the body parts. I have parts strewn everywhere!

I have thoroughly enjoyed my K-bike. I have met a lot of neat people who have shared stories, advice, and parts.

Well, I am not sure what else to write. Ride safe y'all!
Doc

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum