BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Greeting from British Columbia on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Tfreeze

Hello all,

I gave in and sold my Triumph Speed Triple and bought something more "passenger friendly". I like to go on short trips with the wife, but the Triumph limited us to a couple hundred kilometers a day.

Purchased a 1991 K100RS with 21,000miles on it. Sat in a garage in California for a long time and needed some love.

Finishing restoring the bike so that I can get Collector's Status from the insurance provider; much cheaper for insurance as long as I promise not to ride it to work.

I am looking forward to becoming a contributing member of the forum, instead of just gleaning all the great information available here.

2Back to top Go down    Re: Greeting from British Columbia on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:03 pm

brickrider

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Tfreeze. I'm a fan of the RS models too. Perhaps we'll cross paths someday at the BC Beemers rally in Nakusp?

3Back to top Go down    left coaster on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:18 pm

nvboy

Silver member
Silver member
Tfreeze!
Good to have another Kanuck and another wet coaster on the forum. Greetings from an RS, Collector plate Islander.

Darrin

4Back to top Go down    Re: Greeting from British Columbia on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:14 pm

Tfreeze

Thanks for greetings.

One of the reasons I bought the bike was how popular these bikes seem to be in their "old age". I am looking forward to getting involved in the local BMW rider community.

I have only ridden it 300 miles so far, and it is a vastly different drive than any of the bike I have owned before. The turn signals still require more concentration than I am used to.

5Back to top Go down    Re: Greeting from British Columbia on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:40 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
Hi Tfreeze welcome to the Knuthaus. I have been riding bricks now for 10 years and am sure I will never like the indicator switches they just seem to be counter intuitive.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum