BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New member from Huntington Beach CA Empty New member from Huntington Beach CA Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:41 am

Mumbles

Mumbles
Hey all,

Iv'e been riding since the late 60s. Mostly dirt bikes. I had a 71 Norton Commando when I was 16 back in 73 that my sister bought but didn't ride it. She let me ride and take car of it. Great bike. I joined the Air Force after High School in 76. Didn't ride any street again until 2004 when I retired from the Air Force and moved to So Cal. The weather is so nice all year I thought I had to get something.

In 2004 I bought a 2001 Honda Shadow 650 that was really customized. Nice bike. Rode it about a year then sold it so I could upgrade my dirt bike. A couple years later I got the bug again and bought a 93 Ducati Monster 900.I rode that for a few years then sold it to buy a vintage MX bike (61 Greeves MCS 250). I restored the Greeves over the next couple years. I like restoring the old Greeves and thought I would try a street bike. I was raised on old Indians and then BSA's that my dad always had so I found a 68 BSA Lightning basket case. I spent the next 2 years restoring it. I really like the old British Bobbers you see a lot of here in So Cal so I did that with it. I still have it. I have some friends that have mostly Harleys. They do some street rides and my BSA isn't really up for any rides over about 30 miles so I thought I needed something else. 

Finally thats where the BMW finally comes in. I wanted something inexpensive, reliable, powerful and handled well. I found that the K100 fit what I wanted. I bought a 1985 K100RS that was almost like new with only 3000 miles. I didn't like the fairing, seat, gauges, lights etc as I wanted to save as much weight as I could, so I took all that off and saved about 50 pounds. I turned it into a cross between a cafe racer and a street fighter. I'm almost done.

I have an electrical problem and that's why I joined the forum. Hope somebody here can help.

Thanks in advance.

Mumbles

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
You bought a pristine low mile 85 RS and stripped it?  Sinner!

FYI: To save a few more pounds you can install a "half" battery like an Odyssey PC680.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: