BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New Member from Alabama Empty New Member from Alabama Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:12 pm

island_boy

island_boy
Hello all.  New member here from Auburn, AL.

Just purchased a K100RS off of Ebay, and it should arrive here this week.

I'm very excited - I spent the weekend before in Rosemary Beach, FL, looking at one similar, and came back and bought one!

My first beamer, my first K-bike - not my first Bimmer though!

Pictures soon, should be here Wed-Fri weather permitting!

Hope to ride her all over the South - GA, SC, TN, AL, MS, LA, and maybe TX.  Will throw in some FL in for good measure - esp. the beach/panhandle!

Thanks - Island Boy

2Back to top Go down   New Member from Alabama Empty Re: New Member from Alabama Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Brad-Man

Brad-Man
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome!

Looking forward to pics and stories.

Maybe we can meet up.

I'm outside of Atlanta.

3Back to top Go down   New Member from Alabama Empty Re: New Member from Alabama Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:01 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
G'day Island boy and welcome.

Have a read of "You just bought a used K100, so what now?" on the Portal page. This will set you straight on the foibles of our bikes.

As mentioned by Brad-Man, photos, lots of them and they don't even have to be of your bike!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

4Back to top Go down   New Member from Alabama Empty Re: New Member from Alabama Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Island-Boy!  I just blew through Alabama on my way home from Dallas with a new K75S.  You are lucky to be living down there where you're never more than a half hour from a Waffle House and the riding weather lasts all year.  I do love the South and the people there.  Someday I'll be moving down and becoming a damn Yankee.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

5Back to top Go down   New Member from Alabama Empty Re: New Member from Alabama Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome - enjoy the forum !

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

6Back to top Go down   New Member from Alabama Empty 3 years later - pictures :-P Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:54 pm

island_boy

island_boy
Howdy - just logged back in after 3 years, been riding her and haven't had hardly an issue.  Two dead batteries (my fault on the 2nd - and possibly the 1st), and a new fuel line, but other than that, she's just chugging along.

212k when I bought her, now nearing 214k.  About to starting putting some more serious mileage on her...

Taking her to the Barber Vintage Motorcycle Festival next weekend, in case any of y'all are going!

New Member from Alabama Img_2010

Brad-Man - where in the ATL?  I lived in Gwinnett for 25 years, and grew up in E. Cobb.  

blaKey - I will give it a read - need to learn more about her.  I figured out the kickstand starter disconnect thing early on (see battery issues)   Very Happy

Point-Seven-Five - I'm from Atlanta, home of WH!  (We call it "The House").  Been to #1, actually, in Avondale Estates ('burb of the ATL).  In fact, there's no less than 6 WH here in Auburn!

See y'all around.

7Back to top Go down   New Member from Alabama Empty Re: New Member from Alabama Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Ron Ashurst

Ron Ashurst
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome back Island Boy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum