BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New to K bikes Empty New to K bikes Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:12 pm

KeithK

KeithK
Hello, my name is Keith. I live in Seattle and recently purchased my first K bike, a 1989 K100RS. I have been riding motorcycles for over 20 years and am looking forward to joining the community of K bikers. I am looking to learn as much as I can and keep my bike on the road for many more years.

2Back to top Go down   New to K bikes Empty Re: New to K bikes Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:17 pm

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the group, Keith.  I believe you'll find other owners nearby to help you answer questions that may occur to a new owner.

3Back to top Go down   New to K bikes Empty Re: New to K bikes Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Brad-Man

Brad-Man
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Keith.

Nice to hear that someone else has discovered the value and engineering in these marvelous machines.

4Back to top Go down   New to K bikes Empty Re: New to K bikes Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the Knuthaus Keith.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   New to K bikes Empty Re: New to K bikes Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
WelKome to the forum Keith. The collective Knowledge here is enormous. Enjoy.
Cheers

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 New to K bikes Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

6Back to top Go down   New to K bikes Empty Re: New to K bikes Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:45 pm

KeithK

KeithK
Thank you all very much! First off, can anyone point me in the right direction of the forum downloads? Looking to download the Haynes manual and have seen several references to it being located on the downloads page but can't seem to find that page...

7Back to top Go down   New to K bikes Empty Re: New to K bikes Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:02 pm

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Keith
If you click on the bottom link (Downloads and Shares) in the centre of the Portal tab page you will go to instructions for accessing members download section. Basically you'll need to PM our esteemed administrator, Crazy Frog, for a password.
Get back if you have any problems sorting that out.

The Haynes is a bit basic but just adequate. The Clymer manual is better. 

Cheers

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 New to K bikes Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum