BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rabidchiwawa007

Rabidchiwawa007
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hey guys,

I've got an extra '91 16v k100 engine and transmission that I pulled from my bike when I first got it.  I need to fix compression on the first cylinder, but after that, I want to build a bike around it.  So my question to you all is, what would it take to get it running right without any of the normal/stock electronics?  I just need to be able to feed it gas/air and spark.  So:

-carbs, or one automotive carb.
-is it possible to replace the hall sensor with a different timing mechanism?  Digital timing would be great, but I'd prefer to use a universal option rather than buying an expensive 30 year old computer just to pick up the hall sensor signal.  Is there an aftermarket computer that can read that?

Just testing the waters here, I know there's a ton involved.

Thanks in advance!

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
There is no cheap way, anything worth using is expensive but for an exercise check out Megasquirt or microsquirt.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum