BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


1Back to top Go down    Hello from Japan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:36 am

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
Hello evely one.

Glad to join the Group.
I live in Sapporo, Japan. And, It's Winter! So cold and many many snow now.
So, I am dissapointed that can not ride motorcycle!
I am a owner of 1988 K100RS 2V w ABS and 1990? K75 Turbo need to restoration.
I will enjoy the usefull site for K bike.

Best Regards.

    

2Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 am

RicK G

avatar
VIP
VIP
Welcome to the forum Auto e Moto I like the colour scheme on your RS it really suits it.


__________________________________________________
If everything seems under control then you aint goin fast enough:- Mario Andretti
Bikes 1986 K100RT, 1993 K1100 LT, 1994 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 & 1976 SR 500 Yamaha for now
    

3Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:03 am

Chocolate

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you here, welcome!

Nice bike and interesting place you live in.

Cheers from Germany

Sapporo


__________________________________________________
Only a few activities make me experience my senses in a way motorcycle riding does, it is like swimming in the nude in a river.
K75 BA/1992 ABS, K75 BA/1991 noABS, Ducati, Mobylette M1/1973
Pictures: Me my bike and I
    

4Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:08 am

Brad-Man

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
WelKome!


__________________________________________________
Toys don't make the man - Man makes the toys....
    

5Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:45 am

Point-Seven-five

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome!  That is a stunning paint job on your bike.  Very modern looking and very nice!


__________________________________________________
Present:
1994 K75RT
1994 K75S
1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175
    

6Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:02 pm

brickrider2

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
I agree.  Lovely bike.  I imagine there are few K-bikes in Japan....
Welcome to the forum.

    

7Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:10 pm

Born Again Eccentric

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Auto e Moto,

Two K's - the start of a perfect kollection.
Very nice looking RS, if you can get you K75 Turbo looking anything like that good you will be really spoilt for choice on which bike to ride...when the winter snow gives way to the cherry blossom.

Winter here in the UK too - but, to date, the weather has been exceptionally mild with temperatures in the low teens, so not many excuses not to ride. Actually we need some serious rain to wash the road mud and filth back into the fields.

Enjoy.


__________________________________________________
 
                              Paul  

"Heidi" K100LT 1991 (Grey) (VIN 0190172 Engine No. 104EB 2590 2213) - 5th owner. January 2014 (34,000 - 61,000 miles and counting....)
"Gretel" K100LT 1989 (Silver Grey) (VIN 0177324 Engine No. 104EA 2789 2211) - 4th+ owner. September 2015 (58,500miles and counting....). Cat C Insurance write-off rebuild Feb 17
"Donner" K100LT 1990 (Red)  (VIN 0178091 Engine No. 4489 2024) - 6th & final owner (crash write-off now donor bike).   June 2012 (73,000 miles) to November 2013 (89,500 miles)
    

8Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:23 pm

Basic2

avatar
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome to the forum Auto e Moto.


__________________________________________________
K100 Basic 2
11/1987 6308319K100CJ
Marakesh Red
    

9Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:17 pm

Holister

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
WelKome to the forum.
That bike looks to be in excellent condition. If its still on the road in Japan I imagine its hardly done any klms at all. Cheers


__________________________________________________
1988 K100RT     VIN No.  0094680
1989 K100RT     VIN No.  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN No.  0451808
     Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90
    

10Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:40 pm

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@RicK G wrote:Welcome to the forum Auto e Moto I like the colour scheme on your RS it really suits it.
Thank you very much,  I love it!

Inspired from S1000RR superbike
Excellnt paint work by Azumery Presents in Sapporo.
I heard that he designs USA Arai Helmet.

    

11Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:04 am

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@Chocolate wrote:Good to have you here, welcome!

Nice bike and interesting place you live in.

Cheers from Germany

Sapporo
Thank you for the Oodori Park, central Sapporo.

Yes, Sapporo is a nice city .
In spite of severe winter condition exists, cold and very snowy (average snowfall ca. 6m) , over 1,900,000 people live here.
There are excellent nature around the city. 
Only after 30 minutes cruising, You can reach sea, lake and mountain.
So, from spring through autumn I can enjoy riding a motorcycle.

Some of my friends ride a K100RS with stud tire in winter under snowy and icy condition.
They always ask me for winter riding, I can't do that lol

    

12Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:18 am

Point-Seven-five

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Studded tires on the street in the winter!!!  Your friends are hard core!


__________________________________________________
Present:
1994 K75RT
1994 K75S
1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175
    

13Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:30 am

larrikin

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the Knuthouse.
I must I love your chose of bikes, BMWK100RS (1988). It's the same as mine.


__________________________________________________

88 BMW K100RS

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car
    

14Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:12 am

Bonzo

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome and seasons greetings Auto e Moto

Nice bike(s)

    

15Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:53 am

Chocolate

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
@Auto e Moto wrote:
@Chocolate wrote:Good to have you here, welcome!
….

Some of my friends ride a K100RS with stud tire in winter under snowy and icy condition.
They always ask me for winter riding, I can't do that lol

Hey!
Thanks for the info about Sapporo.
If you have time, post some more pictures, bikes, friends, countryside.
Would be great to see.

Cheers


__________________________________________________
Only a few activities make me experience my senses in a way motorcycle riding does, it is like swimming in the nude in a river.
K75 BA/1992 ABS, K75 BA/1991 noABS, Ducati, Mobylette M1/1973
Pictures: Me my bike and I
    

16Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:19 am

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@Brad-Man wrote:WelKome!

ThanK you very much Brad-Man!

    

17Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:38 am

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@Point-Seven-five wrote:Welcome!  That is a stunning paint job on your bike.  Very modern looking and very nice!

Thank you very much.
I love it!

Studded tires on the street in the winter!!!  Your friends are hard core!


And, they also drive studs into the tires by themselves and enjoying severe winter. 
Lovely crazy guys...

    

18Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:26 pm

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@larrikin wrote:Welcome to the Knuthouse.
I must I love your chose of bikes, BMWK100RS (1988). It's the same as mine.
Iarrikin

Oh!, K100 2V fun to ride!
Something like addiction lol.
K-Bike that runs through a huge ground at Australia.
That should be very fun!

Thank you.

    

19Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:38 pm

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@brickrider2 wrote:I agree.  Lovely bike.  I imagine there are few K-bikes in Japan....
Welcome to the forum.

brickrider2

Thank you very much.

OK, there are many K lovers!
However, many people do not join to overseas groups because they almost communicate only in Japanese.

    

20Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:09 am

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@Born Again Eccentric wrote:Welcome Auto e Moto,

Two K's - the start of a perfect kollection.
Very nice looking RS, if you can get you K75 Turbo looking anything like that good you will be really spoilt for choice on which bike to ride...when the winter snow gives way to the cherry blossom.

Winter here in the UK too - but, to date, the weather has been exceptionally mild with temperatures in the low teens, so not many excuses not to ride. Actually we need some serious rain to wash the road mud and filth back into the fields.

Enjoy.
Thank you very much Born Again Eccentric,

UK is a country of yearning.
Someday I would like to go to Isle of Man.
I am impressed by the British race soul.

I bought a K 75 turbo at Japanese auction site couple of years ago as a junk.
I heard that man from USA brought it to Japan.
It had a Luftmeister turbo, but did not work.
So, to restore it is my projeKt.


    

21Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:11 am

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@Basic2 wrote:Welcome to the forum Auto e Moto.
Thank you very much Basic2,

I will enjoy the Kommunity

    

22Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:21 am

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@Holister wrote:WelKome to the forum.
That bike looks to be in excellent condition. If its still on the road in Japan I imagine its hardly done any klms at all. Cheers
Thank you very much Holister,

I bought it as a new one.
And repainted about 5 years ago.
original was pearl white and indigo blue.
Odd meter shows only 9786Km. lol

    

23Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:25 am

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@Bonzo wrote:Welcome and seasons greetings Auto e Moto

Nice bike(s)
Thank you very much Bonzo,

I love your black K, too Smile

    

24Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:30 am

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@Chocolate wrote:
@Auto e Moto wrote:
@Chocolate wrote:Good to have you here, welcome!
….

Some of my friends ride a K100RS with stud tire in winter under snowy and icy condition.
They always ask me for winter riding, I can't do that lol

Hey!
Thanks for the info about Sapporo.
If you have time, post some more pictures, bikes, friends, countryside.
Would be great to see.

Cheers

OK! Chocolate Smile
I will enjoy many Forum posting too.

    

25Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:23 am

Chocolate

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
If you klick the link at the bottom of my postings, you'll see my bike and a bit Bologna from my last trip when I visited the Ducati factory in Bologna and the countryside where I live in Germany with my red and black bike.

Cheers

Your K turbo project sounds interesting


__________________________________________________
Only a few activities make me experience my senses in a way motorcycle riding does, it is like swimming in the nude in a river.
K75 BA/1992 ABS, K75 BA/1991 noABS, Ducati, Mobylette M1/1973
Pictures: Me my bike and I
    

26Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Bonzo

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
@Auto e Moto wrote:

Someday I would like to go to Isle of Man.
I am impressed by the British race soul.

If you ever make it over, look me up sunny

    

27Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@Chocolate wrote:If you klick the link at the bottom of my postings, you'll see my bike and a bit Bologna from my last trip when I visited the Ducati factory in Bologna and the countryside where I live in Germany with my red and black bike.

Cheers

Your K turbo project sounds interesting
Hi Chocolate,

Nice places both of your countryside as well as Bologna  ! 
Nature, historical buildings and animals heal our minds. Pretty Kitty And Lovely K!
You swims in the river?  Very fast water flow?, You are tough guy Smile

Oh!, you also interested in Italian Bike !
Ducati is like a Ferrari, Isn't it?
I have red and black Moto Guzzi  which I think like an Alfa Romeo Smile

For the project, I will contact RB Racing which produced Leftmeister Tubo.
https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/bmwturbos.htm

Thank you

    

28Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:56 pm

Chocolate

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
@Auto e Moto wrote:

Oh!, you also interested in Italian Bike !
Ducati is like a Ferrari, Isn't it?
I have red and black Moto Guzzi  which I think like an Alfa Romeo Smile

For the project, I will contact RB Racing which produced Leftmeister Tubo.
https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/bmwturbos.htm

Thank you

Moto Guzzis are cool, nice bikes and a lovely engine.
My Kitty is the master of the house and steals my food, if she can.
My neighbor has a old Guzi V7, good compared with the Alfa Romeo.
I always wanted a Alfa Romeo Giulia from the seventies.
Maybe I get one when I'm selling the bikes, maybe :-)
But you can't have all. My Ducati is a old red Monster.

Good luck with your Turbo Project.

Cheers


__________________________________________________
Only a few activities make me experience my senses in a way motorcycle riding does, it is like swimming in the nude in a river.
K75 BA/1992 ABS, K75 BA/1991 noABS, Ducati, Mobylette M1/1973
Pictures: Me my bike and I
    

29Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@Chocolate wrote:
Moto Guzzis are cool, nice bikes and a lovely engine.
My Kitty is the master of the house and steals my food, if she can.
My neighbor has a old Guzi V7, good compared with the Alfa Romeo.
I always wanted a Alfa Romeo Giulia from the seventies.
Maybe I get one when I'm selling the bikes, maybe :-)
But you can't have all. My Ducati is a old red Monster.

Good luck with your Turbo Project.

Cheers
Thank you I will do the project and post here.

I also love classic Alfa too.
Actually, I have a red junior zagato 1300 with 2000 engine.
Friends of mine also drive 105 series...
I think you can do that In the future.

Monster... It's also Cool!
Old V7...  I like it!
My Guzzis are  Le Mans 1000 ultima edizione imported from Nederland and Targa 750 from UK.
All Carburetor model. 

They all are fun to drive. 
Feelings! That is Important, I guess.
Of course I also love K-Bike and that's why  I am here. Smile
I have a second project for K-bike, which is for 100RS 2V.
Now still in secret.  lol

Cheers

    

30Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
@Bonzo wrote:
@Auto e Moto wrote:

Someday I would like to go to Isle of Man.
I am impressed by the British race soul.

If you ever make it over, look me up sunny
Thank you very much Bonzo Smile

    

31Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Rickmeister

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Welkom!! A couple of quick questions...
When I visited your lovely country (many, many moons ago, 1983) I stayed with a friend in Matsumoto, middle of the main island. We did a major road trip in his Datsun 180B, 4 adults, two kleine kinder and heaps of luggage. The speed limit was 80Km/hr on the open roads. Is that still the case?

Also, I imagine that the Sapporo beer is made there? Lovely drop!

Rickmeister.


__________________________________________________
Assumption is the root of all stuff-ups!
    

32Back to top Go down    Re: Hello from Japan on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Auto e Moto

avatar
active member
active member
ickmeister wrote:Welkom!! A couple of quick questions...
When I visited your lovely country (many, many moons ago, 1983) I stayed with a friend in Matsumoto, middle of the main island. We did a major road trip in his Datsun 180B, 4 adults, two kleine kinder and heaps of luggage. The speed limit was 80Km/hr on the open roads. Is that still the case?

Also, I imagine that the Sapporo beer is made there? Lovely drop!

Rickmeister.

Sorry for late, reply.
I was out for few days.

Oh, You had enjoyed Japan visiting, don't you.
I'd like to visit your huge country, someday Smile

Well... I'm not sure about Speed limit of open road around Matsumoto.
I am ready to confirm it, After driving over 1100 Km. lol

If you have a chance to visit Niseko Resort Hokkaido, please call me.
It will take almost 2-3hr from Sapporo.
Many Australian people visit here for winter sports etc, and is like a foreign country!
I love to touring aroud here with my K-bike! 
There are winding road and country roads.

Second question...
I am sure that Sapporo Beer head office and Factory are in our town.
I loved Black Beer, although I do not drink, now.

Thank you very much.

    

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum