BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Mitko from Slovenija Empty Mitko from Slovenija Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:26 pm

mitko7437

Helo I come from Slovenija and I would like to buy a BMW K100RS 84-85 for driving around with my girlfrend.
I have just a motorbike Moto Guzzi Le Mans 850 MK1 of 1977.

2Back to top Go down   Mitko from Slovenija Empty Re: Mitko from Slovenija Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Mitko, welcome to this forum.

You will find a lot of similarities between the 850 Le Mans and the K100.
By experience (I was a Guzzi dealer in the 70's and owned an 1000 Le mans) you won't be disappointed by the K100.
The Le Mans had the integral breaking system (60% on the back and 30% on the front) and the latest K100 has ABS.
The fairing protection on both bike is about the same but the K100 is a lot hotter.
The Le Mans has about the same performances but not as much torque than the K100.
Finally, you get less high pitch vibration on the Le Mans.
Now, you know what to expect from a K100...... same enjoyment of ride.

Cheers

Bert

3Back to top Go down   Mitko from Slovenija Empty Re: Mitko from Slovenija Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:42 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Hey Mitko, ride your Guzzi over here to me and I'll swap you my K100RS. It's red, so it goes fast.

Oh shut-up you lot. Mitko from Slovenija Icon_lol I reeeaaallllly want a Mark 1 850.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

4Back to top Go down   Mitko from Slovenija Empty Re: Mitko from Slovenija Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:21 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Mitko my daughter and partner just came back from a festival of heavy metal bands in Slovenia and loved the place and the people. Thanks for looking after my girl and welcome aboard, if you have a chance, think about a 16 valve say 1990 or later they are better than the early ones.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   Mitko from Slovenija Empty Re: Mitko from Slovenija Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:48 pm

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
blakey wrote:

I reeeaaallllly want a Mark 1 850.

Are you sure you would not like one of these??

Mitko from Slovenija Moto-g10

6Back to top Go down   Mitko from Slovenija Empty Re: Mitko from Slovenija Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:51 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Very tempting, but no. Do they have to turn the bike upside down so you can change the oil in the upside down forks?

It has to be the Mark 1. It would have to be the motorcycling's equivalent of a locomotive.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

7Back to top Go down   Mitko from Slovenija Empty My Le Mans mk1 Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:55 pm

mitko7437

This is my moto.https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/15/47/05/85/img_5711.jpg
I'm looking for a BMW K100 84-85 because in my country a 25 or more year old motor have a status of olditimer and so I can have on it an 90% of discount on insurance and taxes.

8Back to top Go down   Mitko from Slovenija Empty Re: Mitko from Slovenija Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:21 am

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
K-BIKE wrote:............. if you have a chance, think about a 16 valve say 1990 or later they are better than the early ones.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Mine was made in 1985 and I still consider that it's a very good bike....

9Back to top Go down   Mitko from Slovenija Empty Re: Mitko from Slovenija Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Mmmm, Moto Guzzi, my second favourite motorbike!

10Back to top Go down   Mitko from Slovenija Empty Re: Mitko from Slovenija Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:57 am

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
I still dream abot DeLorean, but I still like my BM Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum