BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   The Toecutter build - Page 2 Empty Re: The Toecutter build Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:51 pm

Woodie

Life time member
Life time member
Marc, glad to hear that bloody seat finally made it out to the ranch - unbelievable that it could have taken that long to get there.  Good to see it fitted up and that you'll soon be tearing up the roads in style and a small amount of comfort.

52Back to top Go down   The Toecutter build - Page 2 Empty Re: The Toecutter build Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:37 am

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
The Toecutter build - Page 2 Screen11
OK. I thought I was finished working and commence riding the old girl. I put a 1000km under the wheels over the last 2 days and had a ball Very Happy . I need to strip the front forks down and figure out why I can move the bottom of the legs a few mm back and forwards (maybe internal bushes????, Any ideas), I need to re adjust the steering head, check valve shims and balance the throttle bodies.

I had to go to Mango Hill to pick up some bits for my car and decided to visit my daughter while I was on the road. I also thought bugger it, why not make a decent ride out of it. I met up with an old mate, Glen, who was also my navigator since Brisbane has changed so much since I lived there 10 years ago. His ex cop K1200 is as sweet as and he let me have a ride affraid (I wouldn't let me ride my bike lmfao). Thanks for all the help Glen and cant wait to catch up for some country roads and beers The Toecutter build - Page 2 212902

The Toecutter build - Page 2 Dsc_0919
The Toecutter build - Page 2 Dsc_0920

Last edited by MarcS on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:00 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot the pics)

I have no problem with authority. Just some of the morons that are paid to enforce it.

53Back to top Go down   The Toecutter build - Page 2 Empty Re: The Toecutter build Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:16 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
bugga to hear marc
I think there are a bearing material that wraps around the lower stanchions piston

I think its called a guide ring

might be worthwhile checking the oem parts fische for that part and how it sits in the forks  

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=0501-EUR-06-1985-K589-BMW-K_100_83_0501,0511_&diagId=31_0365

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

54Back to top Go down   The Toecutter build - Page 2 Empty Re: The Toecutter build Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:53 pm

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
I saw those bits on one of the shop websites, I didnt know what they were for. Thanks for the info Charlie

I have no problem with authority. Just some of the morons that are paid to enforce it.

55Back to top Go down   The Toecutter build - Page 2 Empty Re: The Toecutter build Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:40 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
just hope that's the cure mate

cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

56Back to top Go down   The Toecutter build - Page 2 Empty Re: The Toecutter build Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:25 am

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
I actually found that the problem was loose steering head bearings. My mistake, they seemed tight when I fitted them and torqued the nut down but I got nearly two turns out of the big adjuster under the top triple clamp. Beats me what went wrong but I just ordered a pair of springs from Motobins for $109au delivered. The dive under brakes is about 110mm. So i might get some improvement in stopping and steering with the new springs. I am running new 10wt fork oil at the prescribed amount (cant remember how much off hand) , and that made a massive difference on its own. I cant wait to get on the mountains with new springs, My bars were starting to weave at around 120 kmh by the time I got home yesterday. After re tightening the SHB, I hit a far higher speed than I would publish here and there were no weaves in a straight line and very little in one right hander.  There is no movement in the fork legs, I just appeared that way on the side of the road yesterday.

57Back to top Go down   The Toecutter build - Page 2 Empty Re: The Toecutter build Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:27 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

58Back to top Go down   The Toecutter build - Page 2 Empty Re: The Toecutter build Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:38 pm

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for that Dai

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum