BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Greetings from Brazil Empty Greetings from Brazil Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:39 am

Hello to everyone from sunny Brazil,
Just to give you some background info, I’ve lived in Brazil since 1993 but I’m from the North of England.
I've recently acquired a K100RS ABS with the ‘official’ side cases and a Givi topbox. Over here bikes and cars are really expensive, one of the times I miss living in the UK. I paid almost US$12,000 for this bike, for the same money I could have bought an at most two-year old ‘lesser’ marque but since I also have a pair of Mercedes-Benz I’m used to inflated prices by now! One of my MBs is a ‘youngtimer’ 1992 300E (w124) and the other a classic 1976 280S (w116).
In Brazil, it is not uncommon to find owners of older MBs with BMW bikes too. This is the second time I’ve bought a BMW, although I had not wanted to get one this time round as the support for them is quite poor over here. But, once bitten by the BMW bug, just like Mercedes-Benz, you just have to return to the marque!
I was running a 2010 Honda as a daily rider but found it to be an expensive machine to keep and poor performance after much searching I had decided to buy a 2008 Suzuki 750. However, after a brief moment of inspiration I decided to look for an older BMW as I really do not find newer bikes that interesting. Luckily I found this particular K100RS in almost showroom condition. Struck up a deal and have been happy since. My only bugbear is that I just don’t get to ride her enough even though I cover about 400 miles a week.
My first BMW was a R75/5 which had been a revelation, this K is just fabulous especially when you consider that 27 years after its original launch onto the market it is still a modern machine.

2Back to top Go down   Greetings from Brazil Empty Re: Greetings from Brazil Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:11 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Brazil...

I was in Brazil in 1976. Went from Rio to Recife and Bahia.
I was almost thinking about moving there. I didn't and ended up in Canada.
I always remember my sleepless nights on Copacabana's beach. I was much younger than now!
Ah... And a good batida!
You just have me dreaming again!
Welcome to this forum.

Bert

3Back to top Go down   Greetings from Brazil Empty Re: Greetings from Brazil Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:11 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Martin,
A man after my own heart, rides an ABS K, has a couple of classic Mercedes Benz cars, plus lives in Brazil, I ask can it get much better? Good on you for joining us we look forward to hearing of your adventures and seeing something of Brazil. If you were looking for a Mercedes Benz email list with good guys and no flaming I can recommend. http://lists.mercedeslist.com/listinfo.cgi/mercedes-mercedeslist.com
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum