BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New exhaust - Stand Empty New exhaust - Stand Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:09 pm

sedahl

sedahl
Hi

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I can't find anything about it.
I have a 91 K100 RS 16V, and I have bought another exhaust for it. But, when I remove the old exhaust I can see that the rubber to "catch" the center and side stand was mounted to the old exhaust. Therefore the center stand now hits the swingarm and the side stand hits the exhaust. I clearly need to figure out some solution, has anybody else fixed this problem?

Thankyou
Svend-Erik

2Back to top Go down   New exhaust - Stand Empty Re: New exhaust - Stand Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:47 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Part of the fun of customizing is overcoming challenges like this. Here is one remodeler's solution—a bracket holding an arm that curves around the exhaust pipe and that probably has rubber cushioning over it.
New exhaust - Stand Side_s10

3Back to top Go down   New exhaust - Stand Empty Re: New exhaust - Stand Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:04 am

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Junk the centrestand - no self-respecting special has one: they're far too useful  Smile

Straighten out the kink in the sidestand (it'll look better) and/or add weld to the mounting boss - it doesn't need to touch the exhaust.

4Back to top Go down   New exhaust - Stand Empty Re: New exhaust - Stand Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:23 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Posting pictures would help devise a solution  for your problem.
Regards Martin.

5Back to top Go down   New exhaust - Stand Empty Re: New exhaust - Stand Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:27 am

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Here's some pics, if you junk the centrestand then you can add five mph to the top speed by sawing off most of the important bits of the bracket that it no longer bolts to. The straightened sidestand also streamlines a lot better - another three mph! Sawing off some of the sidestand lug that no longer has to clear the exhaust that isn't there anymore...another 2 mph!! Result: a four hundred mph motorbike!!!*
New exhaust - Stand 05010

New exhaust - Stand 01012

*or thereabouts.

6Back to top Go down   New exhaust - Stand Empty Re: New exhaust - Stand Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:34 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Wow, now where did I put my hacksaw. New exhaust - Stand 723598
Regards Martin.

7Back to top Go down   New exhaust - Stand Empty Re: New exhaust - Stand Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:35 am

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
New exhaust - Stand 44271
Have a great day.

Edit: Sorry, evening  Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum