BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Lebanon PA Empty Hello from Lebanon PA Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Chuck792

Chuck792
Hey guys, new to the group but not to the brand or model, I've worked in the industry for many years and used a K as my daily rider for a few years. I have a lot of related stuff to sell off, which brings me here. Hopefully some of you can make use of the parts that have been taking up space in my shop !

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Lebanon PA Empty Re: Hello from Lebanon PA Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:39 pm

Dkyranakis

Dkyranakis
Im looking for fuel and coolant gauges for a K1100RS. Mine are delaminating and my bike is near perfect. Would like to find these in excellent condition.

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Lebanon PA Empty Re: Hello from Lebanon PA Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:43 pm

stanthomas

stanthomas
Silver member
Silver member
Is this what delaminating looks like?

Hello from Lebanon PA Y4mSMtWMoZLa9nZElzb_eRbetWkAHwWuXQqoDYhFAF-Xr_fxjtGGwGCShd_I0aONqj5dd0D_Wu9-EGagCi-KKxidantFkR0GBfKEbfMpiZe6Wa1XVLRVcLzCE6osoovNIwVYY7SbccpxYeY4cFih14ogyezHh7IhLP_h_OiGGdCZkrxs9eX-lT92OguI9UBUH0m?width=371&height=660&cropmode=none

Fuel gauge is the same. I first thought someone had tried to clean it with a scotch-brite pad but no, the outside of the 'glass' is fine. It's something in, or behind, it. The 'glass' is slightly concave too when I would expect it to be flat. Is this a common fault?

Are replacement glass and bezel available? Are they all plastic? Anyone done it?

'91 K100RS

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Lebanon PA Empty Re: Hello from Lebanon PA Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:26 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Yes, behind, yes, no, yes, yes. Very Happy 

It's actually a soft plastic film attached to the back of the 'glass'. I did manage to get one apart, but the folded-over edge of the bezel is so narrow that I had a lot of difficulty in both getting it off and replacing it. I peeled off the remains of the soft plastic, sprayed the back of the glass with an anti-fog spray, reassembled it and bought another one Shocked so I've no idea if my 'fix' works.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum