BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Hi to all.  I was fortunate to located and import my deceased Dads bike from NZ.  K75S with low kms.
Bike has been shipped over and arrived last week.  Yeah.   Really excited.

I have the import licence from Canberra.

Tried to get Road Worthy and can't until I get a Compliance Cert/Plates ( blue plate ) attached to the bike.

I have spoken to QLD Main Roads that had no idea ( ask me if it was left hand or right hand drive . . Lol )

I have been sent to a company in Victoria Niddrie Import Plates . . no joy there.
I have tried Mod Plates in Coopers plans . . . rung and left messages there.
I have rung a bike shop in Lawnton, Morgan and Wacker New Farm . . . have given me suggestions that i have tried and no joy there.
I have tried a BMW bike shop in Lawnton who gave me a couple numbers . . . no joy there.
Someone said call Dr Tim Bartrop  Mob 0416 273 582   Left messages and no joy there. 

I have spent a whole heap of money to get the bike here and in my garage.   Just keen to get it on the road.

If anyone can help with suggestions it would be appreciated.     Just want to say thanks to MartinW who has been great support within the group.

Kind regards Bruce

2Back to top Go down   New to the group and New/Used Bike to Australia. Empty Rego Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:33 am

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
Hi,  welcome

Sometimes it's easier using a different frame / compliance plate from a bike that was registered in Australia.

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Bruce Smile

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Hi,

In QLD I believe you require the services of an “Approved Person” (mod guy) who is accredited to perform an L03 Certification inspection (Personally Imported Vehicle - ADR compliance) who will attach the plate once the inspection is performed. You will also require a Safety Certificate inspection from an Approved Inspection Station (AIS) once the mod inspection has been completed. Some mod guys also can perform these. Make sure you have all your import paperwork together. 

As they say, Google is one click away....there are several Approved Persons in SEQ that should be able to assist (for a decent fee mind you), including several that are now mobile & might be able to come to you. On the day of rego, make sure you’ve got all the relevant paperwork & forms together & bring the bike along to a TMR centre that can check the bike’s I.D etc

Good luck! 

Regards

Dan

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
I have the name of a guy and phone number that maybe able to help you  in Brisbane  
It written down in the shed and will have to wait until I get back 

A second  option is there is a bike shop in Springwood which does the import of Motorcycles  from Europe and Japan  they have an independent inspector  which put the mod plates onto their imports they might be able to help for a fee. I know they are located at 22-26 Allgas Street springwood and are the shop next to Spinelli Classic _ can have a look for the name when i get back    

Third Option is Spinelli them selves  http://spinelliclassic.com  Tony Spinelli 0417 705 711 
They are a high value bike importer ( I don't know if they are the same business or two different business ) 

Fourth option you can checked  with MR Motorcycle Roadworthys   PH 1800 245 379 this guy comes to you and does the inspections as he is in the business he may know of an inspector that could help you.

Don't wast your time with QLD transport. When I changed my K100 over to solo reg i got given 15 pages of forms to fill out  which did not make  sense. So I went into a different shop and the person there looked at the forms and said WTF i have never seen these gave a single page different form filled out in 5 min and approved 
Huge saving  in rego cost      

If you want to come out and have a coffee and meet some of the other SE QLD riders we are  meeting up at the Daybro Bakery  Next Saturday   

Look for the Imbil thread in the forum for more detail  

Matt

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Matthew-Brisbane wrote:I have the name of a guy and phone number that maybe able to help you  in Brisbane  
It written down in the shed and will have to wait until I get back 

A second  option is there is a bike shop in Springwood which does the import of Motorcycles  from Europe and Japan  they have an independent inspector  which put the mod plates onto their imports they might be able to help for a fee. I know they are located at 22-26 Allgas Street springwood and are the shop next to Spinelli Classic _ can have a look for the name when i get back    

Third Option is Spinelli them selves  http://spinelliclassic.com  Tony Spinelli 0417 705 711 
They are a high value bike importer ( I don't know if they are the same business or two different business ) 

Fourth option you can checked  with MR Motorcycle Roadworthys   PH 1800 245 379 this guy comes to you and does the inspections as he is in the business he may know of an inspector that could help you.

Don't wast your time with QLD transport. When I changed my K100 over to solo reg i got given 15 pages of forms to fill out  which did not make  sense. So I went into a different shop and the person there looked at the forms and said WTF i have never seen these gave a single page different form filled out in 5 min and approved 
Huge saving  in rego cost      

If you want to come out and have a coffee and meet some of the other SE QLD riders we are  meeting up at the Daybro Bakery  Next Saturday   

Look for the Imbil thread in the forum for more detail  

Matt
 Thanks for that Matt.   I really appreciate what you/the Forum and Martin have done.   With Martins help I have been in touch with a company called NISMO in Matheson Street in Virginia which is close to where I live.  They have been very helpful.   Filled out forms for them, they will send to Melbourne to get the compliance plate that will be posted up and we will the put on the bike.  At this stage there is no mention of the viewing the bike ( all a bit weird ) but going with the flow so to speak.  I will keep you posted.  Thanks again

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Cool that your nearly on the road 
What your plan once you can get the bike registered ? 

Your more than welcome to come out next Saturday to meet some of the other SE QLD k riders

#### K100 RS Project 

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Matthew-Brisbane wrote:
.. a bike shop in Springwood which does the import of Motorcycles.  I know they are located at 22-26 Allgas Street springwood ..

Probably this bloke www.classicmotorcyclesales.com.au

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
TacKler wrote:
Matthew-Brisbane wrote:
.. a bike shop in Springwood which does the import of Motorcycles.  I know they are located at 22-26 Allgas Street springwood ..

Probably this bloke www.classicmotorcyclesales.com.au

No that not him  
Those bike are way to good for what he has on the floor

#### K100 RS Project 

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Had to look... the Guzzi prices on the home page are spot on. Same as the UK (after conversion, of course!).

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum