BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Ulysses Motorcycle Club Australia

"Growing Old Disgracefully is an Australian doco about motorbikes and families, and how relationships change over time. Most people outside of Australia will never have seen this film, in fact many in Australia have never seen it either. It was made on a shoestring budget and released back in 1999 by Dominic Bourke. The film centres around Bourke's family - in particular his relationship with his father. The other major character in the film is the Ulysses Club, an Aussie motorcycle club for people over the age of 40. The club's motto is - no prizes for guessing - 'Growing Old Disgracefully', which is borrowed for the title of the 52 minute film."

My, my, did we dress like that back then? I didn't spot any K Forum members but maybe those Down Under will recall a mate or two in the film. It goes on a bit but you might find a gem or two in there that you can keep. Click on the link above to watch it on Silodrome.com

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Never had much to do with the old guys because i was a younger rider when thet were a big club  
Have not seen as much from them as lately 
But went to the loaded dog rally which was from the canberra club rally 
Great time even as an outsider

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

Michael Sydney

Michael Sydney
Silver member
Silver member
Matthew-Brisbane wrote:Never had much to do with the old guys because i was a younger rider when thet were a big club  
Have not seen as much from them as lately 
But went to the loaded dog rally which was from the canberra club rally 
Great time even as an outsider

Ulysses is still going strong, though the membership numbers have dropped off in the last decade or so. I think one of the reasons is that there are many online groups now making it easy to plan and organise group rides and to share knowledge. 

However, Ulysses does more than just ride and talk! The organisation has always had  a keen interest in raising funds and donating to worthy causes. Each local branch makes decisions as to where money goes. My branch often favours Flying Doctor and various cancer research.

Ulysses is also a huge network across Australia of local knowledge and hospitality. Great for touring. You local membership gives access to the entire network. Add to that there are Ulysses groups around the world offering similar help. France, UK, Cuba... Dozens of locations. 

I am an active member of Ulysses Thailand. In normal years I spend several months on two wheels travelling fantastic road with a great bunch of guys and girls.

Sorry for the rant! Haha

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum