BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Sometime after Matt gets back from his BMW Safari we'll be running another workshop day which will be on a Sunday. At the moment 2 K's require minor attention, one a throttle and clutch cable replacement. If anybody else requires work please add to this post, with work required so we will have the required helpers and tools. The last few workshops have been well attended and all jobs were attended to, between the laughs and BS. No VW vans will be allowed in the street and will be towed if in attendance.
Regards Martin.

2Back to top Go down   Next Kweensland K Kronies Kurfari Klub Workshop. Empty Keen for a workshop day again Wed May 19, 2021 8:31 pm

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Good morning Martin and the " KLAN "   I would be keen for another workshop day.  I would like some help or advice in regards to lowering the ride height/suspension on my bike.  I recall Martin you said that you have done this to yours.   Please let me know when the next workshop day will be.   i also need to know where to get my Koni shock rebuilt/serviced.   Someone said it was a place on the south side somewhere.  

Kind Regards Bruce

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
You are looking for RAD at Yeerongpilly.  

radmotorcycleshockyrepairs.com.au 

I believe there may be up to a two week wait at the moment.  I have a Koni fitted which will be replaced with a YSS in the next few days.  If you wish to borrow the Koni send me a PM.  

Cheers, Dave.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Bruce Paul and I are going on a Kurfari on Monday down to RAD to get Paul's shock rebuilt. I have a shortened YSS shock fitted to my 75 but it is not a straight swap. You will have to shorten the legs on your centre stand and shave the rubber stand bump stop  and also possibly modify your side stand. If  you want to go YSS I'll give you where I got mine, and because it was custom it had to come from O/S but it only took a week from start to finish.
Regards Martin.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I just looked it up the shock (Ecoline) it came from Jax https://www.jaxgarage.com.au/yss-custom-shocks/.The process was easy and Jas from Jax was totally professional and on the ball. I received Emails on every step of the process, on them receiving the order, sending the order O/S, that it was being built, that it had been finished and was on the way back to me. And a follow up on whether I was happy with the shock. It took 6 days from beginning to the end. On there site you can customize it to your specification. Probably the best service that I have ever received from any company.
Regards Martin.

6Back to top Go down   Next Kweensland K Kronies Kurfari Klub Workshop. Empty Rear Shock Absorber Thu May 20, 2021 5:22 am

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for that Martin and Dave.  All I have been able to find out looking at the folder that I received when I bought the bike the Koni shock was an addition to the bike in 1996 at 28,000 kms.  The bike has now done 60,000kms so the shock has only done 32,000 kms.   

The bike could be off the road for a period of 3 - 4 weeks so I am thinking of taking the shock off and taking it to RAD on Monday as well to get it serviced.

What is the life span of a shock generally ?

Kreen as Krass ?

Bruce

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Next Kweensland K Kronies Kurfari Klub Workshop. 723598 With Matt having returned from his northern adventures in one piece we are now looking at a date and location. More likely to be a Sunday, Matt has volunteered his place and my better half has finally grown used  to the Barvarian loving Barbarian Brickers so my place is an option. At the moment we have a few jobs booked. Matt wants the runout checked on his front wheel, Mick wants clutch and throttle cable replaced and fork oil changed. Paul wants rear shock swapped over and fork oil changed and a bad connection fixed on his bar light.  Dan has a case of rattly nuts that needs looking into. We pretty well have access to most tools including a Carb Tune and an exhaust gas analyser. So if any other Brickers need attention to their steeds please feel free to post your Brick related problems. Unfortunately we don't do personal problems. You will need to let us know if you'll be attending even if no work is required.
Regards Martin.

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Bruce Petterson wrote:Thanks for that Martin and Dave.  All I have been able to find out looking at the folder that I received when I bought the bike the Koni shock was an addition to the bike in 1996 at 28,000 kms.  The bike has now done 60,000kms so the shock has only done 32,000 kms.   

The bike could be off the road for a period of 3 - 4 weeks so I am thinking of taking the shock off and taking it to RAD on Monday as well to get it serviced.

What is the life span of a shock generally ?

Kreen as Krass ?

Bruce

Bruce Im still running with the original shock 
but then I like the way the bike bucks and moves around   Next Kweensland K Kronies Kurfari Klub Workshop. 652573

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Matt, Bruce came over while you were adventuring and he will be sticking with his Koni. Sorted out a few more minor problems, and he's currently sanding and painting. He might post some piccies.
Regards Martin.

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
Hi, i would be intested in joining this if you have space and time to assist.

Fork oil needs a change, would also like to see what springs it has in the front.

Assistance in a look over the whole bike to see what work is needed (if any).

Thanks Jamie

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Hello Jamie 

Been watching that bike was just around the corner from work 

Your most welcome to come along 

Whats your plan for the bike ?

What side of town do you live on  ?

#### K100 RS Project 

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Matthew.
Once I have confirmed the bike is all ok it will just riding.
Not planing on making many changes other than get a dual seat for it so the misses can come for a ride. Rest of the time the single seat will stay on.

Live west of Brisbane in the Springfield area.

Thanks Jamie

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Jamie 64 

Think Martin has a dual k1100 seat in his treasure trove of spares 

I have some dual 2v k100 seat but I dont think they fit the K1100  someone on here might know  

You might also need to change over the rear cowl there one on facebook at the moment for k1100

#### K100 RS Project 

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry Gary now has the K1100 seat. The only seats now in stock are 3 dual seats in grey, which will fit. I might also have a duck tail minus the lights. And a reconditioned set of Type 2 panniers.
Regards Martin.

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
Sounds like I need to catch up with you next week Martin 😁

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Seeing as though Jamie was coming over to get a few bits and pieces I asked Mick and Paul if they wanted to drop in. So we ended up doing a mini workshop as Paul wanted to do an oil change on his front shocks. unfortunately it didn't go as planned as part of the thread thread screwed out with one of the drain plugs. With a bit of heckling we persuaded Paul to get a Heli coil kit and under instruction from Jamie the operation was a success. Morning tea was supplied by my very tolerant and lovely wife. Mick looks like he might be requiring a rear main seal and a clutch boot seal and a fix to his leaking rear shock. Jamie's very tasty 1100 needs a clutch fork boot. Paul is still awaiting his rebuilt rear shock. I think a good time was had by all. Next major workshop after the Frigid Digit.
Regards Martin.
Next Kweensland K Kronies Kurfari Klub Workshop. P7140010
Next Kweensland K Kronies Kurfari Klub Workshop. P7140011

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
A good fun day and learned a bit about helicoils. Good to meet Jamie64 and see his beautiful K1100 with a very sexy rear cowl.

Many thanks Martin and Ann for hosting and your hospitality...good to see sausage rolls making a comeback.

Last edited by Mick67 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Mick if you need to keep living please remove the e from Ann's name people have died from doing this. Next Kweensland K Kronies Kurfari Klub Workshop. 167893 If you want to send your shock back to RAD I have a spare that you can hire for the standard Dayboro fee. Next Kweensland K Kronies Kurfari Klub Workshop. 112350
Regards Martin.

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
What a great welcoming to the Forum i really was not expecting that, Martin, Mick and Paul it was great to meet you guys and wag chins for a few hours as well as eat your wifes wonderful cooking.

Paul did well with the Heli coil, its a bit of a daunting task if you have not done one before let alone on your fork slider drain plug Smile but it ended well.

I did manage to lighten the load of spare parts at Martins house, and that will help me to get back into some touring.

Thanks heaps guys.

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
What 'E'?

PM sent re shock.

Cheers Mick

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum