BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K75RT with Marrakesh Kit - For Sale Empty K75RT with Marrakesh Kit - For Sale Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:48 pm

afeist

afeist
I’m finally tossing in the towel and want to sell my 1992 K75RT - 54,500 miles.

This fall I came across an electrical problem I cannot fix, and the bike will only run for a couple of seconds, then stall.  I narrowed down the problem to coil #1 not firing.  Went through a new ignition coil, HES change, along with a new electronic ignition module, still without a fix.  No local mechanic with K-bike knowledge to troubleshot.  

The kicker…I just put on a Unit Garage - Marrakesh kit which made the bike look super sweet.
https://www.unitgarage.com/bmw/k75-k100/k75marrakesh

The kit is worth more than the bike (retail $4,333).  I’d like to sell as one piece, but would be willing to dissassemble the kit and sell separately.  I feel it's likely an easy fix in the right diagnostician's hand.

Whole:  $3000
Separate: Bike - $1000 Kit - $2500

Bike has a clean title, in hand, with manuals and binder.  Unit garage kit with original reciept and item list.

Missoula, MT

Thank you for looking,
  Aaron
K75RT with Marrakesh Kit - For Sale K75_be11
K75RT with Marrakesh Kit - For Sale K75_be12

caveman

caveman
Life time member
Life time member
If it only runs for a few seconds then my guess would be the FIM is not seeing the 700+ RPM signal and dropping the ground to the fuel pump relay or starter is dirty not providing the ground path. Did it run before the cafe mod?

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Try keeping the start buttom pressed down and see if it keeps going.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

afeist

afeist
Caveman - bike ran well after the mod. I had the tank off to the side while changing the coolant. Running well while burping the radiator and it just died out. I’ll look into the ground issues and may take off the starter and give it clean.

Rick G - no change in keeping the start button held down. Just cranks.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The EFI relay doesn't earth through the starter

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

caveman

caveman
Life time member
Life time member
My bad, should have checked the schematic before opening my big mouth.

Dan Pete

Dan Pete
Silver member
Silver member
Hey, afeiest.
    Surfing the internet, looking for parts for an 88 K75 I have, I came across you add last night. Might have been craigslist - don't remember. If you have all the stock parts that came off when ya did the kit, Id be very interested in buying the bike separate. 
    I've had my 88 apart long enough, that the tank grew legs and walked off. The whole bike is rough, but it will be hard for me to ride it without the tank! Some tools and lawn equipment went along with it... guess someone thought they deserved it more than me Crying or Very sad
    Anyway, let me know what ya have with it.
DJP

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
DJP, 

If you are looking for a 75 tank then the 75RT tank will not fit.  The 75RT actually uses the K100 tank and not the 75 tank.  The 75RT uses a modified K100 frame and hence the difference.  It also uses the K100 side panels either side of the battery.  

Dave.

afeist

afeist
Dan Pete,

TacKler is right on about the tank.  As for the parts I took off the bike, many I already sold or gave away to other's on the forum.  If you have a donor bike already, with a little time, you'd likely get my '92 running.  Nevertheless, for understanding what was removed from the stock bike, here is a pic.

-Aaron

K75RT with Marrakesh Kit - For Sale 60d1f310
K75RT with Marrakesh Kit - For Sale A694fe10
K75RT with Marrakesh Kit - For Sale D7f22610

10Back to top Go down   K75RT with Marrakesh Kit - For Sale Empty Re: K75RT with Marrakesh Kit - For Sale Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:08 am

Dan Pete

Dan Pete
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks... seeing current pictures of the bike, it’s a lot of stuff taken off. Cool pictures of it all laid out.
The K75 and K100 tanks are shaped different, and some minor mounting differences from different years as well. But the differences are minor. The frames are the same, except for the angle of the tubes from the steering neck to the top engine mount location, since the 3 cyl is shorter than the 4 cyl.
My goal for my non stock bike is for more of a RS, that sadly bmw never made! If I use only bmw parts, I would need an RT or a K100 tank... but the minor differences are actually easy to work around.
I’m a really long way from you, so don’t know if we could work anything out, but would be interested in a picture of what’s left, if ya get the chance
Or a heads up of a tank for sale, at a low price!
Thanks.
DJP

11Back to top Go down   K75RT with Marrakesh Kit - For Sale Empty SOLD Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:36 am

afeist

afeist
Bike with kit SOLD.  Thank you for your interest.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum