BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   no vacuum line to fuel regulator Empty no vacuum line to fuel regulator Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:54 am

attitude

attitude
Took out the air box on 1996 K1100LT to replace fuel lines and found the fuel regulator with no vacuum line to it.  Fuel pressure regulator has a plastic plug where the vacuum line is typically connected.  Bike has started and ran OK before I started taking it apart for maintenance.

Has anyone encountered this before?  
Is it OK to continue running bike with no vacuum line to regulator?
Is it possible for the regulator to function with no vacuum line attached?

My inclination is to buy a new fuel pressure regulator and install it with a vacuum line as shown in the manuals.  I was just amazed to find it with no vacuum line. 
thanks,
J
Followup:  I was confused because realoem with my vin# shows a vacuum line to fuel pressure regulator.  I now understand that the K1100 is a different design and does not require the vacuum line.

Last edited by attitude on Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found answer)

2Back to top Go down   no vacuum line to fuel regulator Empty Re: no vacuum line to fuel regulator Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:49 am

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome to the K11 series Smile
They have no vacuum line to the FPR.
Your bike is good.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum