BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K75->K100 Radiator Shroud/cowling Empty K75->K100 Radiator Shroud/cowling Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:03 pm

jjefferies

jjefferies
Life time member
Life time member
Hi All, Still putzing with this K100. Got the radiator back on, routing wiring, and looking at mounting the forks and front wheel. But looking ahead at projects further out on the horizon also because I'd like to get any painting done while the weather is suitable. I'm looking at the fairing (and by that I'm including everything that's not mechanical and that is fiberglass or plastic) and it is in very sad shape. Specifically the radiator shroud/cowling is in multiple parts, with breaks and an ugly mess. Whereas I have at least three K75 radiator shroud/cowlings which are almost paint ready. So... you guessed it. Can I use the K75 pieces on the K100. Looking at the gas tank etc they appear to be very close in form. Actually the main pertinent difference appears to be that the K75 has the two prongs used to mount the Cowling/shroud. I'm wondering if I could replicate those on the K100 tank - the tanks appear so close to being the same that I've considered using a k75  tank. But first I would try to replicate the horns in steel and then mount them to the K100 tank with epoxy.

Anyone else ever tried this? Or anything similar? Any comments? Other than snarks K75->K100 Radiator Shroud/cowling 652573  Suggestions always appreciated about what is and isn't sensible.

best regards
J.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
K75->K100 Radiator Shroud/cowling 652573
You might find this page useful. 
http://largiader.com/k75/ktanks.html

jjefferies

jjefferies
Life time member