BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
A big thankyou to MartinW who very kindly gave me a helping hand to get the second side of the bike - sanded, masked up and painted.   I was expecting to take a lot longer but we had it all done in the space of 4 hours.  I does help when someone ( not me ) knows how to detach things and have the tools to do it.

Very happy with the end result.   Thanks MartinWPainting of Motor, Driveshaft Completed 20210911
Painting of Motor, Driveshaft Completed 20210910
Painting of Motor, Driveshaft Completed 20210912

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Looking good Bruce, you need to post more piccies of the end result on both sides.
Regards Martin.

B_Stogs

B_Stogs
What paint did you use?  And what grit sandpaper did you go down to?

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
B_Stogs wrote:What paint did you use?  And what grit sandpaper did you go down to?

Good afternoon B. The paint that I used is a very close match to the flat black of the motor and driveshaft etc. It is called Rust-Oleum 2X Satin Canyon Black as per the attached picture. You can get this from Bunnings Warehouse.  MartinW who is also a BMW owner put me onto this.   It is very fast drying and you are able to give a second coat within 15 to 20 minutes.  I used a 360 grit paper but probably could have gone with something a bit finer.   Once sanded, gave a real good going over with a Wax and Grease Degreaser to get rid of any residual grease, oil and sanding dust,  that dried within minutes, masked up ( which took the time ) and then painted with 2 coats.   One side of bike was completed in 4 to 5 hours.   Pretty happy with the end result. 

Painting of Motor, Driveshaft Completed 20210913

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum