BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Low profile right angle tyre valve. Empty Low profile right angle tyre valve. Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:12 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Hopefully about to fit a new set of tyres. I would like to fit a set of low profile 90 degree alloy valves, I currently have high profile 90 degree . However the local motorcycle tyre shop wants more information before they can either say they have them in stock or order them. They want to know the valve hole size and whether there is enough room to tighten the nut on the inside. Does anybody have a three spoke wheel that they can give me the hole size I believe 11.3mm and a picture of the inner rim. And has anybody fitted a set.
Regards Martin.
Low profile right angle tyre valve. 90_deg10

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
I seem to recall that the stock wheels have a 15mm valve.  That size in a right angle is almost impossible to find outside of a BMW dealer.  I wonder if it's possible to jury rig something to make a normal size valve work.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
The first valve I had was a rubber pull through, then it had the pull through 90 degree which had a rapid deflation. That was replaced by a high profile metal 90 degree which is currently in there. Hopefully I would like the new low profile valves ready to go. Otherwise I'll have to remove the tyre measure the hole and then chase up the correct valve.
Regards Martin.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum