BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Deals Gap.... Empty Deals Gap.... Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:16 pm

abreeze

One quick stop to check my cell before getting 'lost'. Gave me this great panorama at SR28 The Hellbender!! A remote road with super fast sweepers and works its way down to some very tight bends running along the Tennessi River. I had a nice little game of chase with a K12S going till we hit the tight stuf....then his 167bhp didnt matter against my short wheelbase.....When we pulled into the store we chatted for a while and he was amazed at the speed the Old K bike generated.
Deals Gap.... 28composit
Got on the road late so, and only one stop till I arrived. The Sign!! I took SR28 from Clayton GA, all the way up to Deals Gap AKA 'The Dragon'
Deals Gap.... P1010034-1
Took a nice ride down the Dragon....a few cops kept the speed down.
Deals Gap.... IMG_8616
The damn at the overlook.
Deals Gap.... P1010037
Day two....I took the Fothils Parkway over to Gatlinburg.
Deals Gap.... P1010038-1
The view from the Foothills Pky was amazing....Looking North at Knoxville...almost straight down!!
Deals Gap.... P1010039
The traffic was for sucks from Gatlinburg across the Smoky Mountian Range to Fontana. The View was amazing from the Top of the Smoky's.
Deals Gap.... P1010040-1
Going Baby!! I rode the Dragon 3 times just out of boredome!
Deals Gap.... IMG_8619
Day three....Going Home...this was the great couple who stayed next to me at the Tapoco Lodge. It was (the rooms) kinda a Dump, but they had a good restraunt and cold beer. Just 3 miles from the Dragon.
Deals Gap.... P1010041-1
Stoped at Highlands NC for lunch.
Deals Gap.... P1010042
Deals Gap.... Scallycomp
One more action shot....
Deals Gap.... IMG_8618tight
Thats all folks......

http://www.yamaha-triples.org/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumi

2Back to top Go down   Deals Gap.... Empty Re: Deals Gap.... Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:02 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Beautiful pictures.
Next July, the MOA rally is in Tennessee and I bet a lot of riders will go few extra miles for a ride on the dragon.
Depending of the date that I will travel to Europe, I may go to Tennessee too.

Bert

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum