BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shugie

shugie
K100RS 16V 1992 for sale, Berkshire, UK Kbike111
K100RS 16V 1992 for sale, Berkshire, UK Kbike211
30,000 miles, K reg, with panniers, no MOT, on SORN. Has Remus exhaust system and Hyperpro front springs. In good general condition for the year with few signs of corrosion. I’m the fifth owner. Comes with collection of paperwork Clymers manual, spark plug tool and some other odds and sods.

I bought this as a project bike, with the plan to make an outfit, but it was a speedy purchase without my looking at the cost of the sub frame needed to add a chair. So that plan was abandoned, and I decided to service the bike with a view to riding it. I’ve replaced the plugs, front pads, brake fluid, coolant, oil, oil and air filters, fuel pump mount and the fork oil. New Motobatt battery with isolator switch, occasionally the starter relay sticks, a known problem, I replaced it, and the new one does the same.

The tank was weeping, so I dried it out, cleaned it, dried it again, then used PORs along the inside where the leaks are, the seam between the top and bottom sections. Then I left it to cure for two weeks with a fan extracting the fumes as it the PORs cured, and that seems to have cured the leak.

I’ve put new Metzelers Roadtecs on, so it’s ready for an MOT. I can’t ride it because the distance between the footpegs and seat (which is well comfortable) is too short for my buggered left knee, after any distance my knee will be too stiff for me to be able get my foot down in time. The engine starts and runs happily, and judging by the speed it went up my drive it, pulls nicely.

Plan is to get something smaller I can share with one of the kids.

Selling to recover some of my costs, £1200, collect from near Reading in Berks.

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
Hi shugie, Not in the market for the bike,but can advise on your Knee problem. At the tender age of 70 i had my right knee replaced with a fancy NHS one BLOODY MARVELUS. I was riding my K 14 days post opp still with the staples in. My surgen,was Gob  smacked  K100RS 16V 1992 for sale, Berkshire, UK 76715 K100RS 16V 1992 for sale, Berkshire, UK 76715. I was sick of the pain and the knee letting go for no reason dropped the K a few times because of it. Well worth a chat with GP and get a referral to a surgen. cheers

shugie

shugie
moriarti wrote:Hi shugie, Not in the market for the bike,but can advise on your Knee problem. At the tender age of 70 i had my right knee replaced with a fancy NHS one BLOODY MARVELUS. I was riding my K 14 days post opp still with the staples in. My surgen,was Gob  smacked  K100RS 16V 1992 for sale, Berkshire, UK 76715 K100RS 16V 1992 for sale, Berkshire, UK 76715. I was sick of the pain and the knee letting go for no reason dropped the K a few times because of it. Well worth a chat with GP and get a referral to a surgen. cheers
That's a good bit of lateral thinking, I've asked the doc to refer me to the physio people and will be waiting for that for a while. It's really annoying because most of the time the knee is fine, but after it's not moved for a while to tends to get a bit slow and sticky, and I suspect it may be just too long to get my foot down when I need to in a hurry.

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
Thats a start mate K100RS 16V 1992 for sale, Berkshire, UK 112350 K100RS 16V 1992 for sale, Berkshire, UK 112350

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum