BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Germany Empty Hello from Germany Thu 07 Jul 2022, 22:43

Bernie_K100

Bernie_K100
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hello folks,

I would like to introduce to you.
I'm Bernd (Bernie) from Munich, Germany. As the proud owner of a BMW K1100 RS (special edition black/silver from 1996), I bought a K100 basic in spring 2019.

She stood in a machine hall for 12 years. She was stored dry, but was very dusty and had two mouse nests.
She was untinkered and complete with side cases and top case (22 liters). The "large tool set" available at the time was also included in its entirety.
The motorbike was ordered very well equipped by the previous owner and everything was still there except for the alarm system (which was removed due to constant malfunction).
Since the color had unfortunately been changed from columbia silver metallic to an extremely ugly purple by the previous owner and was also painted very poorly, I decided to have it painted Marrakech red during the restoration that was due anyway. After half a year she was done with all sorts of work:

- Frame painted black
- Rims blasted and silver powder coated, new tires
- Tank welded
- Wheel bearings, brakes, front and rear master cylinders
- Steel braided lines installed
- Starter and alternator overhauled
- all contacts maintained, wiring harness repaired
- all rubber parts new
- all fluids new
- Staburags on the main drive
- Main stand and side stand overhauled and new bushings
- synced, everything set
- and so on ....

After a problem-free technical inspection, I've had a lot of fun with it ever since and of course I don't want to give it up anymore.
It's just fun driving around with her in the foothills of the Alps and in the nearby mountains.

I wish you all a good time and many carefree journeys.
Stay healthy!

Bernie

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Germany Empty Re: Hello from Germany Fri 08 Jul 2022, 05:01

fishboy316

fishboy316
Life time member
Life time member
Hello Bernie! Welcome!

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Germany Empty Re: Hello from Germany Fri 08 Jul 2022, 06:23

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Welkom Bernd,  

It was about this time 31 years ago that I collected my 75S from Munchen before bringing it back home.

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Germany Empty Re: Hello from Germany Fri 08 Jul 2022, 07:42

bad boy

bad boy
Life time member
Life time member
GriaB Di, Bernd

Hello from Germany 177912 here

enjoy your two beauties
pfiat Di

Hello from Germany 9438-010

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Germany Empty Re: Hello from Germany Fri 08 Jul 2022, 12:34

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Bernie Smile

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Germany Empty Re: Hello from Germany Fri 08 Jul 2022, 13:46

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
:welcome:Bernie, Its a few years since i was ridding in your part of the world,Enjoy your K  Very Happy

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Germany Empty Re: Hello from Germany Thu 14 Jul 2022, 00:00

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Moin Bernie !

Viel Spaß 😉 auf deinen Touren.
Man sieht sich eventuell.
Sag Bescheid wenn du an Kassel vorbei kommst  ☕ 

Grüße 🖖

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: