BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   hot ride in Sydney today Empty hot ride in Sydney today Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:14 am

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
Decided to take my usual 100km run for a beer or two.

The weather was hot when I started, somewhere just under 40C, but I got on and started in hope that when I drop to the beach front it will be cooler.

Started down the freeway and it just got hotter, but as the bike was moving above 100km/h the coolant temperature at the radiator output was approx 77C... I was happy with that.

Further south I ventured the hotter it got. It was now above 40c and the humidity was down below 20%. Hot oven stuff. My eyeballs felt hot from the air blast, so i had to close my visor.

As I dropped to the beach front and I had to slowdown for the village traffic, the coolant temp slowly claimed (radiator output) to 86c. That cold beer looked inviting but as I downed 2 pints (low alcohol) the outside temperature was climbing slowly.

No choice, but to run up the escarpment to the freeway (I hate freeways) and step on it. At 120km/h for approx 40km the temperature steadied out at 82c.

I got home and my folks just looked at me and asked if I was "nuts" Smile hmmm... i had to agree, but at the same time i was pleased with the bike. Hot bothered and no problems Smile To tell the truth, I just wanted to change the oil today, but because it was so hot I elected to do it tomorrow Smile

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

2Back to top Go down   hot ride in Sydney today Empty Re: hot ride in Sydney today Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:34 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yay ...good work .....thats a warm day ned ....
glad you got to go for a ride

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   hot ride in Sydney today Empty Re: hot ride in Sydney today Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:01 am

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
OK just rub it in!
The not so fortunate ones have to wait for April to take this years first trip.......
Cheers,Wikur!

4Back to top Go down   hot ride in Sydney today Empty Re: hot ride in Sydney today Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:54 pm

I heard on the news that it peaked at 43c yesterday in Sydney. You New South Welshmen are really copping it! It was only mid 30s here along the Gold Coast so I went to the mouth of Tallebudgera Creek, at Burleigh Heads, had a good roll in the cooling water, flopped onto the hot, white sand, got sunburnt, some teenagers attempted to push me back out to sea, thinking I might have been a stranded sea creature from the depths. I must remember to shave.
sunny

5Back to top Go down   hot ride in Sydney today Empty Re: hot ride in Sydney today Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:58 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Two Wheels Better wrote:I heard on the news that it peaked at 43c yesterday in Sydney. You New South Welshmen are really copping it! It was only mid 30s here along the Gold Coast so I went to the mouth of Tallebudgera Creek, at Burleigh Heads, had a good roll in the cooling water, flopped onto the hot, white sand, got sunburnt, some teenagers attempted to push me back out to sea, thinking I might have been a stranded sea creature from the depths. I must remember to shave.
sunny

bugga .....>>>> is jelous

you have to watch those younguns twb ....(although those bikini clad types do have a certain cuteness to them )

and here i was just sitting around playing with stinky fuel stuff ...shirt off ...cold beer on the table and getting some rays ....

about 33c here ....luckily the humidity has gone down a bit in the last few weeks ..but a nice afternoon breeze was blowin

does this mean that the southeast queensland chapter of the k100 forum folks is up for a bbq ?
...requirements being thongs (on the feet) t shirt ...and shorts, an esky full of ice and drinks and your favorite slab of meat .....

6Back to top Go down   hot ride in Sydney today Empty Re: hot ride in Sydney today Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
wikur wrote:OK just rub it in!
The not so fortunate ones have to wait for April to take this years first trip.......
Cheers,Wikur!

Not really Smile I thought that it was educational:) I attempted to tell you just how good the cooling system really is on these beasts. It felt like 45c on the tar and the system kept its cool, with no over temp light coming on. So people who have problems with fans, radiators etc, should take note that even at 40+ at 60km/h the cooling systems seems to cope just fine.

Mind you I've just rebuilt the oil/water pump. That may help with leaks etc. Smile

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

7Back to top Go down   hot ride in Sydney today Empty Re: hot ride in Sydney today Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:12 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Ned, I too went out that day, must have lost 3 kilos of sweat. I couldn't believe how drained I became afterwards, only 150ks as well. Now I have just come back from another ride, 14 deg C. I got cold. Have to put the full fairing bits back on.
RT.

8Back to top Go down   hot ride in Sydney today Empty Re: hot ride in Sydney today Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:49 am

A slight change of subject, I know, but relevant if the heat, bushfires, floods, cyclones & such continue, but are any of you blokes planning on attending the 2011 WSBK opener at The Island from the 25 - 27th of February? I might be riding down from sunny Queensland, camping at the track, and this could be a possible gathering of the mighty K clan if any others are. Good racing (with a few more BMW S100RR's on the track and competitive this year) and a chance to hoist a few coldies and have a laugh. Kilts optional.

9Back to top Go down   hot ride in Sydney today Empty Re: hot ride in Sydney today Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I can't make it mate, hoping for Snowy trip later in the year but if you are passing anywhere nearby on way up/down give us a shout, free lodging and nice local rides.
RT

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum