BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:32 pm

charlie99

VIP
VIP
Wow nice trip plan there Dave

See you along the path

52Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:35 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I am leaving here on this Saturday straight to Renmark to visit my brother then leave there Thursday and back to Woodstock on Friday.
Looks like it will be good riding weather for the trip to Renmark.
See Y'all there.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

53Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:18 am

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Waz and I are booked into the pub for Saturday and Sunday night. We're meeting at Gunning on Friday night then up to Woodstock on Saturday morning.

See you there!

Cheers

54Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:54 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
And away we go on another KFest adventure
#
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230928

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

55Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:41 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Will see you all Saturday.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 K-dogs10

56Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:34 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
charlie99 wrote:And away we go on another KFest adventure
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230928
Looking good, Charlie! Great work. You lot have a fine time. I wish I could be there. Historically, ot's only fitting. Just not this time.

I'm headed south east today in dark and rain. It should clear on the other side of the mountains. Idaho tonight!
Cool

1977 R75/7-100, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '93 K1100RS, '95 R100 Mystic, '96 K1100RS, 2 x '98 K1200RS, '06 K1200R & '09 K1300GT. Projects: 1993 & '96 K1100RS, & one '98 K1200RS. The R100 Mystic, K11/12 Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K1200R & K1300GT are running, rego'd & ridable.

57Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty 40th Anniversary is done Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:56 am

Smarty

Smarty
Many thanks to all those who made it to Woodstock last weekend. We all had a great time chatting, inspecting everyone's machines, enjoying refreshments at the Royal Hotel AND perfect weather.
As one of the organiser's I thank you all for coming and making the event a success and many thanks to the Woodstock community (it is a small town with a great spirit) especially the Woodstock Show Committee who produced an excellent Saturday night meal and fronted up early on Sunday to produce breakfast.
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Pxl_2010
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Pxl_2011
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Pxl_2012

58Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:48 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
was a great trip with some good people along the way and event organizers were top guys .
 Many thanks for the time and commitment by many.

some other pics along the way and some of the bikes attending 

for me , a late start about 10:30 am ...after the cool had dissipated

300 k was murrundi , 400k was sandy hollow , 500k was overnight stay at Rylstone camp ground , with pretty new facilities  on the edge of the golf course before dark .

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230929

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230930

with the next day planned to explore some of the towns out from bathurst and on the way to Cowra.

stopped at Sofala , and Bathurst before heading south west .

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230931

Blaney was a nice rest spot for lunch close to 150klm further along the road

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230932

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230933

a bit further down the road , basically i was a day ahead of the crowd , but a few folks were at the showgrounds  for the rally 
so setup the banner across a stand near a shed 

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230935
 added a few signatures as well 

ran into a bunch of k bikes and riders from shellharbour region , a bit south of (the gong ) wollengong 

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230934

and others from the Coffs region , as well as the BMWMCC organisers on site .

Rick and Tackler turning up as well .

a lot of activity was going on next day ....around the pub of corse ... after a trip for me an explore up to Carcoar then down into Cowra to get some supplies

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230936

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230937

for me , many familiar faces , including Gaz , Waz , Brickman, and many others

funny enough , we met a traveller from Scotland , Jim Redman and son ...who made the trip to the rally ...was great to meet some one with the passion and in person ....safe travels Jim,,,
alongside Brickman, Paul (a good mate of mine ) 

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 38477710

at site , some impressive beasts from all models 

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230938

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230939

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230940

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230941

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230942

including rossco's old light blue rs 1100 , then Ed , then Marie Pennykid's rides 

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230943

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230944

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230945

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230946

Saturday night dinner with some of the crew , many other just didnt make it out of the pub till next day , finals time for the footy codes i expect kept them glued to seats , with a comfy bed and a good meal .

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20230947

a great big lineup of k bikes ....and them im off again 

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20231012

strong winds overnight had me packed up and ready to go early .
the winds didnt decrease a lot ...and the temperature soared up in the hunter valley , so not only riding at 10 degrees list ...sweating like buggery ...till i got up the moonby hills (near Tamworth )some 400 klms north ,,, ahh temperature drop of nearly 20 degrees c , made life far more enjoyable zoomin through the night 

1600 klms and home , or so the oddo says ,,, by maps closer to 1750 klm ...buuut   we accept the mileage on the speedo .

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20231013

a badge enameled with the same image as stickers were the take home items , some to be sent far and wide 

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 20231014

wouldnt be dead for quids .....!!!!

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

59Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:48 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 212902

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

60Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:56 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Great photos and rundown of your trip. Your photo of a red basic with a backrest is my old bike that I sold in 2019. Good to see that it is still alive and well.

61Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:05 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Mike...in coffs ..stan ?
That one has a supurb output shaft rattle
He quized me about the job to fix it ..

62Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:39 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
I knew it went to Coffs, but didn't know who had it. Not bad for a bike that was built in 1983.

63Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:49 am

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Hi All, I've been very tardy at getting fingers to the keyboard re our trip to the 40th Anniversary of the K Bike - lots of family stuff happening as soon as I got back to home base.

I was accompanied on my run down south from the Hunter Valley by Rodd, one of my riding buddies from the BMW Touring Club of New South Wales who lives in the Toronto area adjacent to Lake Macquarie, on his very nice R80ST (poor man doesn't have a K bike now but was an owner back in the day). We met up in Pokolbin and proceeded across to Broke, then down the Putty Road before heading west climbing up the Blue Mountains and running along the Bell Line of Road to the locality of Bell, south to Mt Victoria where we fuelled up men and beasts.

Back on the road we descended down the range to Hartley and followed the Jenolan Caves Road which climbs back up to a high plateau that extends over a large area of central NSW. Lunch was had at Oberon which is perched at over 1,100 metres altitude and always cool to freezing. The track south to Taralga is a beautiful ride through forest country - all bends and up and down hills. One of the geographical features of this route is the Abercrombie Gorge which provides a very steep and lengthy run down to the river and back up to the plateau.

Once into Taralga we turned south west and made our way through Crookwell, which is still in the high country at just under 900 metres, and onward to our overnight destination at Gunning where we were to meet up with Waz coming north from down near Wollongong south of Sydney.

A good days riding through some lovely varied countryside - 530kms on the trip meter for me and probably just under 600kms for Rodd.

Waz duly arrived on his black K100RS soon after us and once settled into our rooms we adjourned to the adjacent pub for meals, tales and throat lubrication.

Next morning we set off for Boorowa to sample the delights of the Superb Bakery (which is a superb bakery but is named for the Superb Parrot which is the town emblem). The next stage took us via Wyangala Dam up to Woodstock where the weekend activities were being held (not to be confused with it's more famous namesake in the good ole USA). First up we needed to get our pre-booked rooms sorted and then down to the bar in the Royal Hotel, built in 1911.

The Railway Station
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Img_5410

The Pub
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Img_5412

A fine trio of machines.
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Img_5414

As it turned out being a warm day and with the national football grand final on the tele closely followed by the Indian MotoGP a number of cleansing ales were consumed in quick succession, helped along by the arrival at the pub of our K100 mates Tackler, Charlie and Rick G. So on a sober?? note the three of us who were staying the night at the pub decided we shouldn't ride down to the campground where the K100 gents were camped and continued to order rounds of the soothing ale. The campers had to show some self restraint in the consumption department lest they be apprehended by the law or fall off their motorcycles on the return journey.

On Sunday morning we joined the crowd at the campground to admire the lineup of K Bikes & other machines, caught up with many other friends from the BMW world and enjoyed a breakfast laid on by a local service organisation. Those who had registered collected their badges and stickers to commemorate the event. 

Part of the lineup of K bikes, naturally with my K75X Country in the centre of this photo.
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Img_5415

Many of the attendees started their homeward trek mid to late morning but since it was a public holiday in New South Wales on the Monday, Rodd, Waz and I retired back to the pub for the grand final of the other major football code followed again by the MotoGP race that was eventually red flagged due to the weather conditions.

Monday morning saw Waz head off home on his lonesome in a southerly direction while Rodd and I headed home via Bathurst, Rylstone and Denman.

Its always great to be on the road on the bikes meeting up with like minded friends.

Cheers

64Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:35 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Good write up Gaz 
Thanks for sharing

65Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:22 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Well, 

I headed down on the Thursday with the intention of arriving Friday.  A rather wet start as the rain hit me at Cunningham's Gap and then continued over The Summit near Stanthorpe where it turned into a full blown thunderstorm.  Its been a while since riding around during lightening strikes.  Stuck behind one of those selfish caravan drivers in bad visibility eventually saw me leaving the storm behind.  Arriving at Haus Schorn in Guyra saw me wet but not soaked.  

Removing wet clothes to dry up with a cuppa after retrieving Keith the Kat after he escaped outside.  Guyra was still cold by my standards but dry the next day.  A leisurely departure saw me tracking through Werris Creek and Premer where I was swooped by a Magpie when stopped for a break.  I had planned my fuel stops to take advantage of the variance in fuel prices as it was a long trip ahead.

Coolah was my next fuel stop which included lunch then on to Canowindra which found me scratching my head for where the servo actually was.  Once fueled up it was into Woodstock after a delightful back road and a confusing road sign on the Western Hwy.  Some bugger had nicked the Woodstock sign from the intersection which had me scratching my head until I checked the other side.  

It is only a brief run into town from here and a quick look through the pub for familiar faces saw me eventually end up at the showgrounds and rally site.  I parked up next to Rick and then explored the site before setting up the tent in the dark.  I managed to scrounge a feed as I had not pre-booked the evening meal.  
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Dscn9914

The next day I was able to have a good look at the site and noticed how new everything was including the kitchen.  Everything was spacious and a couple of hot showers made a good impression.  The only down side was the ongoing battle with local council to open the showgrounds for free camping for those travelling.  The town itself was a little run down post covid but by all accounts had a good spirit about itself.  

Saturday saw Rick and I head into Cowra for supplies and was also the day of the AFL Grand Final.   A few hardy souls and I watched in the front bar of the pub.  Eventually Gaz, Waz and Luffy turned up which rolled into dinner with me sensibly walking back to the showgrounds.  

Sunday saw the line up of K bikes in all their glory with another Grand Final that night.  It was also that silly southern habit of winding their clocks back, or was it forwards to allow an extra hour of sunshine to fade their curtains.  So after a late start we rode into Canowindra where we had smoko at a local cafe.  Meanwhile Luffy decided to take advantage of an old girlfriend which had us booked into the Japanese Gardens in Cowra for lunch.  The Gardens are close to the Cowra wartime POW camp where a mass escape by Japanese prisoners resulted in a significant number of lives lost and the Gardens were a Shrine reflecting this.  
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Dscn0010

Later we had dinner at the pub whilst watching the GF upstairs and I caged a lift back to camp with Rick.  We had decided to stay a third night here and to make things easier with the chance of impending rain decided to sleep on the concrete with a roof over our heads to avoid the possibility of a wet tent in the morning.  
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Dscn0011

So overall a nice relaxing weekend and good to see so many K bikes in one place.  Many thanks to Smarty and the ACT BMW Club for organising this as Woodstock is one of those little gem of a places that you often pass without stopping.  Al and Marie, the dogs and Charlie were other familiar faces although a handful from Brisbane cancelled at the last moment.  So glad I put in the effort to attend. 

Meanwhile the previous weekend was the BMW 100th Anniversary in Brisbane followed by the weekends K 40th with the ACT Club's Kosciusko Rally the coming weekend.  Rick and I now had to fill in a week around the badlands of the Southern States.  

But that is another story.....

66Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:20 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
And another drenching or two but it's only water.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

67Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:13 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
My usual non-snarky response to well-meaning (or not) people as I dismount from my bike in the rain, when they comment about the obvious with gems like, "Bit wet out there!?" My reply is  "Only on the outside."

1977 R75/7-100, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '93 K1100RS, '95 R100 Mystic, '96 K1100RS, 2 x '98 K1200RS, '06 K1200R & '09 K1300GT. Projects: 1993 & '96 K1100RS, & one '98 K1200RS. The R100 Mystic, K11/12 Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K1200R & K1300GT are running, rego'd & ridable.

68Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:08 pm

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Good weekend away, good to see so many nice Ks none of them look 40 years old to me. Mine will need some work. Skippy tried a head high tackled on me whilst travelling at 100, just before skipp head butted me in right side of helmet I seen him inches away from impact I dropped my shoulder into him and hung on tight. Impact knocked both mirrors off and broke fairing. I have all the bits to fix just need to be painted black. Stayed up luckily. Last photo is not a nice one.
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Img_0413
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Img_0414
40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Img_0417

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

69Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:13 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Gessus Waz,  

I do hope you are okay.  Any injuries so to speak off except the trauma of the surprise?  

Incidentally where did that happen?  I see the thick grass would not have helped.

70Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary of the Brick Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:40 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
I’m ok, I was lucky it was a little fella. 
Just near Wyangala dam, yah the long grass on side of road kept him hidden.

Last edited by Waz on Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

71Back to top Go down   40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 Empty More Badges and Stickers Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:01 am

Smarty

Smarty
Hi everyone, the BMW MCC of Canberra have some spare badges and stickers from the 40th Anniversary of the Brick. If you are after some more or just like to collect K-Bike memorabilia you can purchase badges and stickers from the Club. Cost is AUD$15.00 for a badge, sticker with pack and post.

Please email your name, address and email address to contact@bmwmcc.au and we will invoice you, once paid you badge will be posted.

Cheers Martin Robertson (Smarty)

40th Anniversary of the Brick - Page 2 K40_ba11

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum