BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100 front wheel Empty K100 front wheel Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:56 pm

arbalest

Silver member
Silver member
I am assembling an 85 K100 front end. When I assembled the wheel (2.50 x 180) between the fork legs according to the Max BMW parts fiche, the wheel is not centered between the lower legs. Facing the front wheel head on, the distance from the inside of the fender mount to the edge of the wheel on the left side is about 16mm. The right side distance is about 32mm. I tried flipping the spacers. That just swapped the 16mm and 32mm spacing from side to side. The wheel itself looks symmetrical, so I don't think that's it. What am I missing? Can someone shoot a photo of their front wheel that shows the relationship of the fork legs, axle spacers, and wheel placement between the fork legs?

2Back to top Go down   K100 front wheel Empty Re: K100 front wheel Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:57 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
What is the measurement from the edge of the wheel hub to the inside surface of the fork leg? The drawing at the Max fiche is the same drawing in the BMW service manual.

3Back to top Go down   K100 front wheel Empty K100 front wheel Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:31 pm

arbalest

Silver member
Silver member
Laitch wrote:What is the measurement from the edge of the wheel hub to the inside surface of the fork leg? The drawing at the Max fiche is the same drawing in the BMW service manual.
Well, I think I've figured it out. The right fork leg (sitting on the bike) is only located by the triple clamp. Out of the triples, the right fork leg can move from the hub to the end of the axle. When I slip the triples down the legs, the wheel is centered between the legs.

4Back to top Go down   K100 front wheel Empty Re: K100 front wheel Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:57 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
arbalest wrote:When I slip the triples down the legs, the wheel is centered between the legs.
K100 front wheel 25650

5Back to top Go down   K100 front wheel Empty K100 Wheel Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:02 pm

arbalest

Silver member
Silver member
Laitch wrote:
arbalest wrote:When I slip the triples down the legs, the wheel is centered between the legs.
K100 front wheel 25650
I know! Right?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum