BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   COC document Empty COC document Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:34 am

EngineerDK

EngineerDK
Hello everyone, I have a K100RT-1986 which I am struggling to get registered in Denmark, I have no import papers on the bike as I have taken it over from a deceased person.

It must have been imported from Belgium many years ago.

Our car inspector wants a COC document, and a corresponding data declaration costs more than the bike is worth! 574 pounds.
Isn't there a kind soul who wants to send me a copy/photo of something similar from your bike  
Hope it's good enough for him, the grumpy man.. Smile

Best regards from Copenhagen
Jan

2Back to top Go down   COC document Empty Re: COC document Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:08 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Remind him that he is living in the second happiest country in the world and to get his happy-act together so he can quit forcing riders to commit fraud.Laughing Then invite him out for a beer. It's likely you'll need to pay up for the COC from what I'm reading. It keeps the document manufacturing segment of the country gainfully employed. cheers

3Back to top Go down   COC document Empty Re: COC document Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:15 pm

EngineerDK

EngineerDK
Laitch wrote:Remind him that he is living in the second happiest country in the world and to get his happy-act together so he can quit forcing riders to commit fraud.Laughing Then invite him out for a beer. It's likely you'll need to pay up for the COC from what I'm reading. It keeps the document manufacturing segment of the country gainfully employed. cheers
Great idea about the 🍻 
Hate the thought of the paying for the coc😤

Wishing you a great day.

4Back to top Go down   COC document Empty Re: COC document Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:39 pm

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
do you need this if you import a bike from the UK ? with logbook V5C etc .

5Back to top Go down   COC document Empty Re: COC document Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:05 pm

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Not sure what use a copy/photo of a CoC for another bike is going to be. The CoC is used when a bike is first registered, and basically relates to an individual bike: a manufacturer's declaration that, that particular vehicle meets the standards for that country.
If the bike has previously been registered in a EU country (Belgium) then it should be open for the owner to use this fact to prove that it must meet the common standards for any other EU country?
That's one of the raisons d'etre for the EU...?

6Back to top Go down   COC document Empty Re: COC document Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:03 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Suzi Q wrote:. . .it should be open for the owner to use this fact to prove that it must meet the common standards for any other EU country?
That's one of the raisons d'etre for the EU...?
It is open for the owner to use that fact, if the owner can prove that fact. Apparently, unless there is a demonstrable line of owner succession, creating the official genealogical paperwork costs £574, more or less including paper milling costs. Smile  It seems similar to a prospective homebuyer's title search in the USA. Without a clear title search through a structure's history, getting homeowners insurance or a bank loan is near impossible so a title search industry was spawned, and it needs to be fed.

Also, Denmark seems to have a draconian approach to old vehicles in general on the roads. They are not wanted on them, apparently. This could be why Danes are only #2 on the happiness scale rather than #1 like Finland. The Danes likely could capture the #1 happy spot despite the complications of heavy import duties, strict pollution regulation and COCs if they just chose to paint renditions of penises on their buildings as is done in Bhutan (currently unranked due to poling timing), or on their motorcycles. Smile Thus, a new market for artisans is created.

7Back to top Go down   COC document Empty Re: COC document Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:52 pm

EngineerDK

EngineerDK
Thanks for all your good answers on this subject, I’m now even more confused than I was in the beginning.
I think I just have to collect whatever paper I can find and go to the car inspection again, then I have to see what happens.
Wish you all a fine weekend on the roads🏍

8Back to top Go down   COC document Empty Re: COC document Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:07 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
EngineerDK wrote:I’m now even more confused than I was in the beginning.
Happy to have been of service to you. Laughing

9Back to top Go down   COC document Empty Re: COC document Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:17 pm

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
According to me, a COC is a european administrative document, delivered (sold) by the maker or the importer/distributor, that does only apply to vehicles first registrated since 1996 (not sure, maybe 97).
So you won't have one for your K100.
But BMW can (must) sell you a copy of the homologation document refering to your country , if your K100 used to be sold new in Denmark.
It's much cheaper than the 574£ claimed, usually around 200€.
Who asks you so much? There's a lot of scammers trying to sell COC much more expensive than a brand sells to people unfamiliar with these procedures.
Ask a BMW dealer...

10Back to top Go down   COC document Empty Re: COC document Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:19 pm

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
BTW: the COC (as the certificate for older vehicle) is a secured document, with filigrane and anti-copy features, and, of course, dedicated to a single vehicle. Forget the idea to use a document for another vehicle...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum