BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
you know , nature is a wonderfull gift .

just west of our capitol Brisbane , only about 15 minutes from the heart, a little road winds out of the suburbia and into "the bush "
these little surprises are found almost everywhere ...but hard to find if you arent looking

the area titled "brisbane forest park" consists of a number of national parks around the mountans and gives a buffer from the country side to the "big smoke".

most of the bushland around this old river is usually open scrub and so it is as this little goat track leads out of the city , for those that love twistys, this is heven.

im not exactly sure how long the mountain section is ....(about 35 kilometers) not that it matters , there are little cafes interspersed up the top section around the villages of nebo and glorious, which are well visited, smack bang in the middle of the bush and verry close to precipices that just drop off ..

folks live up there too, its actually quite amazing, houses in amongst the "dry" bushland with backyards that end in trees and as far as the eye can see into the distance of rural queensland

hundreds of tourists make their way up there for amazing sights of the bush , like us motorcycle enthusiasts and drivers of nimble cars.

there are some great stopoffs like the lookout at "jollys lookout" about 2/3rds the way up the hill
where one can hear the rumble and roar of motor bikes climbing or descending the tricky track (always a nice challenge to "guess that beast" )

mount nebo -mount glorious.. a mountian ride just on the edge of our capitol city  Pictur25

mount nebo -mount glorious.. a mountian ride just on the edge of our capitol city  Pictur26

the cafe at glorious is a favorite stopoff for our 2 wheeled friends

mount nebo -mount glorious.. a mountian ride just on the edge of our capitol city  Pictur27

mount nebo -mount glorious.. a mountian ride just on the edge of our capitol city  Snapsh10

after a cool drink heading west the topography doesnt change but the forest does ... from a dry bush it breaks into rain forest... cooling the whole place down and amazingly dense just a few feet off the road

mount nebo -mount glorious.. a mountian ride just on the edge of our capitol city  Pictur28

mount nebo -mount glorious.. a mountian ride just on the edge of our capitol city  Pictur29

all too soon the range stops and you head down some really steep hairpins for a few kilometers

ending up on more flat terain that is part of the next valley .....the area known as the wivenhoe catchment a really huge basin .....but that will have to wait as i didnt get pics yet

for me and many others a 150k round trip makes for a brilliant day ride ....just to "clear out the cobwebs" of the week that has been .

mount nebo -mount glorious.. a mountian ride just on the edge of our capitol city  Nebo_r10
more to come

mount mee

melany

and caloundra by the sea

joining all 4 destinations which is one of my favorite longer day rides

Last edited by charlie99 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Thanks for this.

You and TWB are making us so envious. Our turn will come soon.
Next week, I may even go to the shed and start the K100. I almost forget about what it sounds like.

mount nebo -mount glorious.. a mountian ride just on the edge of our capitol city  Frog15mount nebo -mount glorious.. a mountian ride just on the edge of our capitol city  Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Lovely travelogue.
Regards,
K-BIKE

That is one of the best rides in SE Queensland, for sure! The rise in elevation from both sides and the temp change that Charlie describes is incredible on a hot day - a good way to escape the heat and traffic of the Brisbane River valley in Summer. One note of caution, the coppers like to dress up as 'one of us' and ride a Honda Blackbird or somesuch blend-in machine then nab unsuspecting riders as they head down the mountain on the very twisty bit towards Wivenhoe Dam. I have heard tell of riders having another rider come up behind and of being 'pushed' to speed so the constabulary have a reason to ticket. Just as you're giving it a healthy bit of stick the well-hidden blueberries & cherry light up behind you, the siren gives a digital yelp and you're done. Of course we all know that the police would never, no never do this to us. It's about road safety, not money raising. Wink

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lol ...of corse twb ...its all about road safety ....btw i have been "followed" by that new v6 turbo vw gulf they have up there ....amazing machine, luckily i had enough sense to wave him by before the next set of twistys ....at about the same second he flashed me the blue and red ..........and went straight past ....he was chasing a1200 something ...went past me on the back wheel ......of corse i was eager to catch up and see just what it was at the next cafe stop ....i just thought to myself pheww ....."thank god im an old bugga and had the sence not to give chase "

hope you enjoyed my little piece of the world.... of corse twb and deewhy have set an amazing standard and makes the whole venturing thing a welcome surprise whenever we see a new post

btw was horribly hot round brisvegas today ....so im just back from a dip in the sea .....at the "spit" gold coast ...was absolutly wonderfull in the drink .......not quite a sauna ...but not a shock to the system when dipping the little pinky toe in the waves for the first time ..in guessing about 25c water temp .

lovin it

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum