BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Update email address Empty Update email address Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:19 pm

Smarty

Smarty
Hi gang, I am about to change my internet provider and will have a new email address, how do I change it here.

Cheers Martin

2Back to top Go down   Update email address Empty Re: Update email address Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:55 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Hi mate

The go to the "portal" page 
Use profile button 
Then change ang save it

Hope that helps 
Charlie

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Update email address Empty Tried and failed Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:29 pm

Smarty

Smarty
Hi Charlie, I tried what you said but get the message "invalid email address" when I save the changes.
It is a real address, Smartyxyz@acacia55.com.

Any hints how I can get it to work?

4Back to top Go down   Update email address Empty Re: Update email address Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:35 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Is that something that needs to be approved by Admin?  If so, you may have to wait 24 hours.  

Possibly something to prevent spammers?

5Back to top Go down   Update email address Empty Re: Update email address Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:58 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Smarty wrote:Hi Charlie, I tried what you said but get the message "invalid email address" when I save the changes.
It is a real address, Smartyxyz@acacia55.com.

Any hints how I can get it to work?
not sure ....hmm

how long has the email address been active ?

if under a week could be an international servers lookup issue  as this forum is hosted in canada .... i think 

forummotion ?

or just could be a validation issue from your host server with credentials that hit the blacklist ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   Update email address Empty Re: Update email address Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:33 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
After you changed your email address and saved the change, did you go to the Preferences section of your Profile, click Yes to email and save that change?

7Back to top Go down   Update email address Empty It is done Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:55 pm

Smarty

Smarty
I don't know what happed while I was sleeping, but changed my email today and it all works. Thanks for the advice.

8Back to top Go down   Update email address Empty Re: Update email address Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:16 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
What a difference a day makes! Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum