BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty For Sale: A blown K! Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:12 pm

2Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty Re: For Sale: A blown K! Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Ohh man. Put the mouse down and walk away from the computer!!

OG

3Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty Re: For Sale: A blown K! Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:31 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
ummmm......picks self off floor .......wow !!!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty Re: For Sale: A blown K! Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:22 am

It has something sinister about it. He's proud of himself, and the bike, from the price of the thing. Too bad there weren't any more pictures. Perhaps I'll pose as a wealthy Libyan oil dealer from Benghazi looking for an escape vehicle.

5Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty Re: For Sale: A blown K! Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:53 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Two Wheels Better wrote:It has something sinister about it. He's proud of himself, and the bike, from the price of the thing. Too bad there weren't any more pictures. Perhaps I'll pose as a wealthy Libyan oil dealer from Benghazi looking for an escape vehicle.

For Sale: A blown K! 318212 For Sale: A blown K! 44271

6Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty Re: For Sale: A blown K! Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:32 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Christ, I bet that goes like a scalded cat,

BIG D

7Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty Re: For Sale: A blown K! Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:29 am

That black turbo K has the impeller housing in an interesting place up near where the coils would sit, since this is how most of the turbo K's I've seen place them.

For Sale: A blown K! Turbok11

8Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty Re: For Sale: A blown K! Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:17 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I saw a turbo K100 on a website in US a few years ago but cant find it again.
I recall that it was run at Bonneville at Speedweek and did 188mph and took a record for the class it was in.
It was fairly much road rideable but not sure if it was ridden on the road as those are.

9Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty Re: For Sale: A blown K! Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:45 am

That was these guys. If you have the time read his editorials about this n that. He rants and rambles and accuses people of being idiots. A lot of it's pretty funny.
For Sale: A blown K! Turbok12

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/bmwK100.html

10Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty For Sale: A blown K! Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:36 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
I wonder if they change the gearing to achieve the 188 mph ? I'm not aware of it ever having been done at the rear drive, above the standard RS gearing. I reckon a 6 speed conversion in the gearbox would be the go, leave the first 5 as is and add another ratio with about the same spacing as between 4th and 5th. The engine would pull it I'm sure, man would they cruise then !!

11Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty Re: For Sale: A blown K! Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:50 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nods head a couple of overdrive gears would be cool huh ? why stop at 6 ......grin

12Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty Re: For Sale: A blown K! Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:28 am

One trick is to use a higher profile sidewall on the back tyre. Instant 'taller' gearing.

13Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty For Sale: A blown K! Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:54 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
188 mph = 302.5 Kph ! Given that my RT does 4000 rpm @ 100 kph, that equates to about 12,000 rpm at 300 Kph. Now, a couple of things spring to mind here - the bloody tacho would be on its second lap, and there must be some serious trickery happening inside the "brain" and/or the igniter unit because (I think) the fuel and spark gets cut off at about 8750 rpm on a standard K engine. I reckon shed rip your arms off at the shoulders to about 240 though, I've got a mate with a turbo Z1000 Kwaka (original factory one, rare) and it goes like stink, scares the crap outa him !

14Back to top Go down   For Sale: A blown K! Empty Re: For Sale: A blown K! Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:00 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Not one of those problems is insurmountable to one who has the will to do it.

I had a Z900 pushed out to 1400 with Hilborne fuel injection that I drag raced and I ran that to 12500 in every gear. I used a magneto for spark and they don't have a rev limiter.

Taller gearing would only be a matter of making a few new gears for the box, it would probably only need three gears to get it moving.

For a land speed challenge you don't want it to have really brutal acceleration as you have about 2-3 km to wind it out and about the same to slow down.

It certainly sounds like fun to me.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum