BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   newbie here Empty newbie here Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:38 pm

dabosswd

greetings...newbie here..name is wayne...just purchased a 1985 k100 standard model..of course im looking to do stuff to it already <grin>..first and formost id like to ad some wind protection...and i am not sure what can be bolted on...do the windscreens and fairings from other k100 models fit on this bike? if anyone can help id be most grateful...TIA

2Back to top Go down   newbie here Empty Re: newbie here Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Wayne.
You can fit the fairings from the RT, LT and RS models with minor mods to handlebars, brake lines and cables. Foot controls are the same.
The bits can usually be found on e bay or other ads. Someone on the forum may even have one for sale.
There are various other after-market fairings that would fit but are getting harder to find now.
I had a standard K a few years ago, wish I still had it for the warmer weather.
They are getting quite rare now. Most of the naked K's you see now originally had a fairing that has been removed or smashed.
If you do put a fairing on it, hold on to the cowling and headlight. They are getting hard to find if you ever wanted to return it to standard.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

3Back to top Go down   newbie here Empty Re: newbie here Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:54 pm

dabosswd

thank you for the info...puts some confidance in me already....i sure would like it if i have small mods to do as i dont really like to change anything major on a bike........again thanks

Long Island n.y.

4Back to top Go down   newbie here Empty Re: newbie here Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:20 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"i dont really like to change anything major on a bike"

Whoo Hoo! A person after my own heart!

Welcome Dabosswd!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   newbie here Empty Re: newbie here Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have fairings on all my BMWs but the Z1300 Kawasaki has a small screen which is an aftermarket one and even it makes the world of difference and as Blakey said it doesn't get hot in the summer as the BMWs do with the full fairing.

6Back to top Go down   newbie here Empty Re: newbie here Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:11 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I used to love riding with the wind in my hair on naked bikes, but now I'm old and bald, give me a screen. Grasshoppers here in summer suck by the way.
Welcome from South East Australia.
RT

7Back to top Go down   newbie here Empty Re: newbie here Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:41 pm

dabosswd

great forum....i am glad i found it....i am thinking a sport type shield instead of fairing now as i dont want the heat also..anyone know of a shield that will pretty much bolt onto an 85 k100? and who the vendor might be? thanks

Long Island n.y.

8Back to top Go down   newbie here Empty Re: newbie here Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:07 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

9Back to top Go down   newbie here Empty Re: newbie here Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Give this mob a go Plexistar 2 Windshield Google it and see

10Back to top Go down   newbie here Empty Re: newbie here Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Adiwan Djohanli

Adiwan Djohanli
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome to the forum....

I pick up many second hand parts including fairing parts are on sales in ebay.

Please check ebay.

Cheers.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum