BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bluenose

Just joined today seeking some kindred spirits and technical help. I just recently purchased an 85 K100 RT in great shape and well cared. This is my first BMW, my previous being a 79 Honda CB750 in the shed partically apart for carb cleaning...another good bike from the past. I purchased the K100 from a long time BMW rider who happened to purchase a new model. Although apprehensive on purchasing something with this age/complex the internet has been a great source for knowledge and knowing Bert just lives across the harbour gave me the courage...afterall the bike is a BMW!

I am 47 and just a three year rider...always wanted to ride and finally got to it after the kids were well up and running. Also like getting on the tools so I am combining the freedom of riding and mechanical hobby all into one. Just built a shed this year for the bikes and tools.

I have lived in Halifax for 30 years and graduated locally as a civil engineer working in the development/construction field. Look forward to sharing technical and thoughts. Take care and all the best in 2009.

Peter Coutts

2Back to top Go down   New Member from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Empty me too... Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:25 am

roys

Silver member
Silver member
Hi and welcome,

It's interesting how these bikes attract similar people. I too am 47 and while the kids are still at home have decided that after 18 years off bikes I should start again (to the amazement of all family and friends who "would never have believed it on you..." comment was very common for a while). Must say my wife has been very supportive.

After researching the issue carefully I managed to locate a 1987 K100 base unit (there are very few here) 6 months ago. And like you I feel comfortable knowing that bert is only one Mediterranean sea and one Atlantic ocean and a bit more away.

Seriously, I think the deciding factor in getting this bike was coming across Bert's documentation of rebuilding a bike - I hope one day to also be able to do so.

I'm afraid I have little to contribute - but will sure read of your troubles with great interest Smile

Sorry if the English is not so clear.

Roy

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Hey guys... God is not registered on this forum.

I am not a master but just try to help people with the same passion for these old bikes.
I learned a lot on my own, but I also learned a lot from other people too. In fact nobody can have all the solutions and we have to rely on each others.
Kbike is big contributor on this forum, and we should all thank him for sharing his knowledge. cheers As a matter of fact, anybody taking the time to help somebody else is also a big contributor. cheers

The reason why I created the forum was to exchange ideas and try to help fellow riders when they have troubles. It is so nice to know that other people will try to help you resolve your problems!

On the top of this, it's also very nice to communicate with people around the world.
This morning I had my first chat with Phil Mars (In Australia) using Skype. It was short but this was good to talk with somebody on the other side of the world.
2 years ago I was in France and I had planned to meet Solejade from UK. It didn't happened (I was too busy visiting family) but I may try again this summer.
This morning, Littlejohn from Ontario sent me an PM and let me know that he has relatives here in Nova Scotia. We may meet this summer.
I had some BMW riders from Australia that came to visit me and we discovered that one of their relative was a friend of mine.
How much more satisfaction can you expect to get from being an older bike rider?

Yes, we are an older crew refusing to get old and we love our "toy" and our friends.
Why did I started to ride mortorcycle after a pause of 15 years?
For the social aspect more than the bike itself.

As for Roy, your English is not worst than mine. Don't forget, English is my third langage. We communicate and understand each other. This is the most important!

Happy New year to everyone and have a lot of safe rides.

Bert

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
It is quite interesting to see that a lot of us fall into a unique category of riders who used to ride when younger then put things on hold for family commitments etc then some years later get back on two wheels when the smouldering flame is re-ignited. In my case I was accused by family and friends of the dreaded "Midlife Crisis" and my response is that if I had bought a Harley that may be the case. Smile
Bert I apologise for the brief conversation as I have to "time share" my PC and my 15 minutes was up. Laughing I look forward to continuing the conversation or starting a new one with you or others who are so inclined and up at all hours of the night.

All the best

Phil

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum