BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   English get together Empty English get together Fri May 13, 2011 3:58 pm

IPJ100

IPJ100
Silver member
Silver member
Hi all,

Seems the aussies are ahead of us again - organising a forum members meet up, next they will play cricket! where are we all based then?? I have seen several of us from the sunny south west and krambo has a rideout forum on the go. How about it sometime over the summer. or shall we wait till winter when it will be warm & dry??

Ian sunny Idea

2Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Fri May 13, 2011 7:21 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
I'd love to have a good trip down your ways, must be beautiful down there, but its quite a 'commute' :-)

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland English get together Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

3Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Sat May 14, 2011 3:21 pm

IPJ100

IPJ100
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks Rene,

yes it can be unless its raining, which it does do a lot. Its also supposed to be very nice up your neck of the woods too.

see who else replies and where they are from. which planet etc.. go from there...

look forward to hearing from one and all

4Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Sat May 14, 2011 3:50 pm

archie

sounds great im up for it , hope you can make it Rene i owe you a pint or two !!!!!!!!! Very Happy

5Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Sat May 14, 2011 3:54 pm

archie

Ps i any one needs some where to stay , i am near Dartmouth Very Happy

6Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Sat May 14, 2011 7:35 pm

reg_K100RS

Silver member
Silver member
So,
We have two in Devon albeit on seperate coastlines almost
as far apart as you can get in the same county Very Happy
one in Scotland
I'm in Bristol.
Anyone else?

7Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Sun May 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Possibly...
Need to put a few extra pounds in the tyres to get across the 'shuck' to Scotland though.
Never been to Devon before, looks nice. Although maybe we would get a better response if it was somewhere more central. Lake District maybe. Any suggestions?

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

8Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Sun May 15, 2011 2:24 pm

reg_K100RS

Silver member
Silver member
I've been to rallies in the Derbyshire peak district and
thats fairly central.
Somewhere around say Buxton?
English get together Buxton-map-73037

9Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Mon May 16, 2011 6:17 pm

IPJ100

IPJ100
Silver member
Silver member
hi guys,

looking good so far - i thought we had more members in the sou' west but maybe not seen the post yet.

Sounds good idea for a central area meet up, should make easy for ferries over the "shuck", not heard that one before. How well does guiness travell??

Keep th ideas flowing and see where it takes us and brings us from.

Good job we have the right bike's to do it on.

Ian

10Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Mon May 23, 2011 5:52 pm

shaftdrive69

shaftdrive69
Hi guys

As Buxton is fairly local to me, I have say it is a long way above sea level and is inclined to be a "cowd oyle" as we Yorkshiremen would say. I love Derbyshire, but I'm sure you could find somewhere central at a lower altitude and thus be less likely to get soaked and frozen.

Wikipedia says: - "At 1,000 feet (307 m) above sea level, Buxton is the highest market town in England. Alston, Cumbria also makes this claim (but lacks a regular market). Buxton has an annual rainfall (1959–1995) of 1 286 mm (50.6") with a mean temperature (1959–1995) of 7.8 °C. The town is sometimes described by Derbyshire locals as being 'a top coat colder'."

Our house is just above the 600 feet mark - there is always a cool breeze even on a hot summer day. A farmer friend of mine lives at 1250 feet in Derbyshire, not far from Buxton outside Sparrowpit. It's always bloody cold up there too!

I rest my case!

English get together 815479305
Steve

11Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Tue May 24, 2011 9:47 am

IPJ100

IPJ100
Silver member
Silver member
Double glazed tents then...

Thanks Steve good point about temperature. Are we all correctly assuming then then that this is going to be a campsite / field effort?.

Has anyone been to a site in this area.

Cheers Ian

12Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Tue May 24, 2011 9:39 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
I can feel a plan coming together here - it would be great to meet up with some from this forum too ;-)

13Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Tue May 24, 2011 9:43 pm

reg_K100RS

Silver member
Silver member
Actually now you mention it
when I was at the rally near Buxton I had to put up my tent in strong winds and hail
and it was a bit chilly too and this was in June !!
I was at a rally in Cumbria last year and lets just say there was little chance of getting
a sun tan ......
Both lovely areas if you're lucky with the weather, but can be a bit grim if you're not.

14Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Wed May 25, 2011 7:19 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
One of the best rallies locally with overnight camping from Friday until Sunday morning, Saturday being the full day with day and evening entertainment, club house with all the facillities.etc.
Junc 8 M1 / Hitchin 505 / OFFLEY. Held around July 16 to be confirmed.
I will post full info; closer to the date if interested.
Ajays
Great weather here for riding at the moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KrDl-JqZpo&feature=player_detailpage#t=4s

15Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Fri May 27, 2011 4:43 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Just back from 3 weeks in England where I went for mother in law's 90th birthday and attended a few Lodge meetings. I went to the Leicestershire & Rutland Provincial Mark Communication and two of their Lodge meetings - what a fantastic group of guys and really excellent working too.
Regards,
K-BIKE

16Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Fri May 27, 2011 5:16 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
K-Bike,
You certainly had the best of our weather with a lovely spring.
Will you be coming to her 100th?
Freemasons don't usually turn up on a K...did you meet any at the lodges?
Nice to have you back. Ajays

AJAYS

17Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Fri May 27, 2011 5:09 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
There were a few bike riders but none admitted to riding a K. I had the good fortune to be loaned my son's E Class Mercedes with all bells and whistles for the 3 weeks and that was very pleasant.
Regards,
K-BIKE

18Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Peak district. Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:15 pm

martin@swad

I think I was at the same rally as Reg. Horizontal hail, freezin cold on the first day. But next day sun appeared and we had a fantistic ride out in some incredible scenery. The pub was called 'The Bull in the Thorn' (I think) up near Buxton. Well worth a visit if you are up that way.

Martin

19Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:46 pm

scotty

well up for the meet-up, how about stonehenge? we can make a new circle of 'bricks'!! only joking, but what a great photo that would make! lets get something sorted while we still have some sun,although here in the 'west country' we dont pronounce the 's'.

20Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:54 pm

A few years back (1999) I was living in Devon, near Tiverton. I took a ride on a rainy, wet day (weren't a lot of them like that when it wasn't otherwise brilliantly sunny!) and snapped this photo on the Salisbury Plain.

English get together Stoneh10

A year later I was travelling through Texas and found this strip of half-buried Cadillacs near Amarillo, just off Interstate 40 in a cow pasture.

English get together Cadill10

There's obviously been some intelligent life on planet earth. I'll leave it to the reader to determine the extent of that intelligence based on the evidence; layout and pattern, artistic form, subject matter, and the sheer audacity of the creators of said 'art'. I reckon a circle of Ks would be fitting. They're renowned for their staying power.

21Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:10 pm

IPJ100

IPJ100
Silver member
Silver member
Gathering interest..sounds good. How about we suggest a time and a place then?

Somewhere low altitude so as not to be too cold?

Relatively central for all going to arrive?

A suitable venue -

Someone with a camera to take pic of the new circle of bricks!!?

Barbados???

Or meet up at another pre organised venue as i think Ajays has suggested.

Replies on the back of a postcard please.....

Cheers Ian

22Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:48 pm

vicmac

hi all,
still yearning for a long ride? lets meet in lake district near the old man of coniston!!
IPJ100 still selling the honda? that will be fine for young person.
keep the replies coming. Rolling Eyes

slumrat

slumrat
archie wrote:Ps i any one needs some where to stay , i am near Dartmouth Very Happy
i'm in fife scotland

24Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Get together uk / south west Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:12 pm

IPJ100

IPJ100
Silver member
Silver member
Hi again all fellow K flyers - been away for a bit (not in the care of Her majesty's finest hotels) .

Managed a couple of rallies this year - did the dragon rally in feb and just got back from the dirty donkey , having spent most of the winter raising an RS with bro in law ready for this year. she is done but will get cosmetic clean up this next winter 'till then she is a goer.

So if anyone is still up for an english meet up (all others welcome of course) then we should get some ideas flowing again.

Good luck one and all - lets see what happens............

25Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:16 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"Let's meet at Stonehenge". Cool

Wow, the best we can manage is the BP service station!

I hope it all comes together for you chaps!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

26Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:35 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
English get together 44271 stonehenge !! giggle

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

27Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:43 am

Cleverbee

Cleverbee
Yep, I'm up for a.meet somewhere, with myself being in East Yorkshire to travel north or south isn't a problem. Need to take into account those of us at the extremities of this wonderful fortress island.
Oh, almost forgot, will need to fit in with my leave, as being appointed by her majesty to look after you all, we can't have leave through all the year's events, i.e. Olympics, Jubilee, Torch Procession, Euro Qualifying, etc.
Mmmm, it'll be autumn then!

28Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Get together Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:33 am

BIKER92

Great idea and will do my best to get along to meet some ppl work/venue permitting and if I have my brick up and running in time

29Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:43 am

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Can I suggest we combine English and Scottish meets?

One venue that is handy for both i.e. very cose to the border is:

http://tibbieshiels.com/

What do your eckon?

Dave

30Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:36 pm

IPJ100

IPJ100
Silver member
Silver member
Hi all, well were gathering interest again which is great. Shall we attempt to sort a date and venue? I suggest if time / leave is possibly difficult to perhaps give a few options as the rest of us could be a bit more flexible. Then maybe a location that is suitable for all (at least most of us) and then to find a field / event or B&B with car park.

Lets see what occurs then guys.

Cheers IPJ100

31Back to top Go down   English get together Empty Re: English get together Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:52 pm

BobW

BobW
I was looking at this thread wondering where you would all settle on for a venue, I'm at the most easterly part of the country so wherever you decide was probably going to be too far for me on the bike. I'm always up for a camping meet but I 'd bring my old Ford Maverick with the shed on wheels instead of the brick & tent.
We finally ended up staying in the car park at the Vic Bikers Pub in Coleville Leicestershire, not a bad place, good food and ale.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum