BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Intro of new member Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:44 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Intro of new member 2854237993 Hello all,
just a quick note to say Hi and thanks for all the info available which has been invaluable in researching the purchase of my latest bike, an 88'Lt, in reasonable condition, i was told that it was orriginally a Tassie police bike, that explains all the holes in the side boxes for radios- beacons etc. lots to do but thats half the fun.

Now the weather is getting cooler down here its time for those indoor projects (thank goodness the bike fits through my workshop door) will do all the things sugested in this forum and have a few other ideas to muck about with also.

Any way thanks again.

Bushy

2Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:58 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
glad to see you here bushy .....

hmm ideas huh ? ok you got me ....care to elaborate ?
...as you may have suspected ...a few of us are always looking for new ways of spending our valueble "hard earned " on stuff for "our ladies" .....grin

good luck bushy.....hope shes a joy to ride

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:05 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
seems to go fine, common problem with sprag clutch....

New oil (diesel oil rimula X3) +filter......

So far so good, stated every time today total of dozen or so, time will tell.

Ideas... driving lights, gauges, cooling vents for those hot knees on the really hot summers we have down here.

will post photos as time and progress.

k100 RT 1988 #0095723
K100 RT 1984 into Custom Single seat.  #0024503

4Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:37 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice ......!!!!

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:53 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi bushy,welcome to the forum look forward to some pic's of the bike.

BIG D

6Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Bushy! Post a pic or two if you get a chance?

OG

7Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:56 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Bushy,
Welcome aboard great to have you with us. Looking forward to reading about rides around the fantastic Tasmania countryside.
Regards,
K-BIKE

8Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Rob Mc

Nice bike Bushy, the road awaits us!!! bounce

9Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:04 am

geordnz

geordnz
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome Bushy. Will be glad to hear about any ideas and plans you make happen, esp anything to make my knees cooler! Lol

10Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:10 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
cooler knees, just made up a quick ducting system that goes from the semi triangular cut out under the front of the fairing and then runs along each side of the forks ending just above your knees facing slightly down.
The ducting is made from plastic ribbed vaccuume cleaner hose (had a spare laying around) fittings at end near knees are crevice tools from same vaccuume cleaner ( slim nozzle fits nicely between the tank and fairing storage boxes).
Gives a gentle flow at 60 kph will have to wait for my next ride day being wednesday, trip through Cradle Mountain, Tullah Pub for lunch, through Hellia Gorge then home approx 150 k. Intro of new member 318212 KNEES.

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

11Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oh yeah !!!! good one bushy ....

12Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:44 am

geordnz

geordnz
Silver member
Silver member
sounds like a plan, means moving my horns though lol

13Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:01 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Yes youre right, already done, moved down to front engine mounts, behind fairing.

Intro of new member K100_g10

Here's a pic of the bike plus trial ducting.

14Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:01 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
G'day Bushy, I'm in Railton. Just sold my 1988 RT because we tour a lot 2 up and wanted a bit more comfort, so I went for a K1200LT. I still intend to spend some time here on the forum though, hopefully my 5 years ownership of the K100 and my mechanical background means I can be of help with problem solving. Welcome to this forum, great people here with heaps of knowledge and never any BS. Bert keeps 'em all in line. Best regards, Dennis.

15Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:06 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Dennis,
We have met,
When you sold your bike to Rob

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

16Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Intro of new member Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:45 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Right, you were serious about getting a K Bike then Rob ! Did it come from Glengarry ? I saw 1 there recently but never stopped to take a close look. It appeared to be tidy from a distance though.

17Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:32 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
No , found one soon after selling my xj, located at Camdale.

needs some work but rides ok, went on a ride last Wednesday with Rob Mc and your old bike....

Happy Days.

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

18Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:02 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
cool sounds like we have a southern chapter of the "k" mob

woohooo

onya guys !!!!

19Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:14 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Hey Dennis...

Recognise anything?

Recent ride orund Port Sorell area with RobMc.

Intro of new member 112

20Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:19 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
AND...

Intro of new member 06291111

21Back to top Go down   Intro of new member Empty Re: Intro of new member Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Good looking bike and I like those smaller day bags! Cool

OG

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum