BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Front Master Cylinder rebuild Empty Front Master Cylinder rebuild Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:03 pm

nick

nick
I replaced the piston but still has a leak. I appears to be leaking between the plastic fluid container and the metal base. Are those pieces connected by a seal?

2Back to top Go down   Front Master Cylinder rebuild Empty Re: Front Master Cylinder rebuild Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
It`s an o-ring in the bottom of the fluid container, pull the container straight up.

Inge K.

3Back to top Go down   Front Master Cylinder rebuild Empty Re: Front Master Cylinder rebuild Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:31 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
thanks inge .....mine has started to leak also ....since i finally was able to undo the last screw "locktited " in and stripped phillips head socket .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   Front Master Cylinder rebuild Empty thanks Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:37 pm

nick

nick
Do you know if I need to get this o-ring from BMW or can I find it at a parts store?

5Back to top Go down   Front Master Cylinder rebuild Empty Re: Front Master Cylinder rebuild Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:27 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I eventually relented and went to BMW as I could not get one just the "right"size. I tried hydraulic hose people and auto shops and they just didn't quite fit. It prob is the cheapest thing you can get from a dealer, buy two, and they also sell the screws. There also is the slightest possibility that the top of the piston where that fits is scored.
But don't even think about that. Sorry I mentioned it.
RT

6Back to top Go down   Front Master Cylinder rebuild Empty Re: Front Master Cylinder rebuild Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
charlie99 wrote:thanks inge .....mine has started to leak also ....since i finally was able to undo the last screw "locktited " in and stripped phillips head socket .
Quite familiar with that one....have been in the need of drilling the head of those screws on several bikes.

Inge K.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum