BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty new member from OZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:07 am

judsrs

judsrs
Hi All,

I am from South Australia and have owned my 83K100RS for about 12 months. This is my first road bike but have been riding motocross and trail bikes for most of my life. I have always wanted a K bike ever since a SA Police bike officer pulled me up in the 80's and I thought it was the coolest looking thing ever. I am so in love with this bike and ride it every chance I get.
I got it cheap because it had some slight damage and was missing the mirrors, but I thought it wouldn't take to much to fix and the mirrors would be easy to get (how wrong was I Shocked ) I might tell you that saga one day! anyway after a few touch ups and a bit of a detail she came up a treat new member from OZ 112350

Looking forward to chatting to you all and looking through the site cause i'm sure there's much to learn about these great bike's!!

new member from OZ P1010356
new member from OZ December2010176

2Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:51 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
very clean looking bike jud ....looks like youve done a great job ...welcome aboard mate

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:18 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Nice bike!

Welcome to the forum.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

4Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:27 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

HI Jud welcome to the forum, good looking bike you have there mate.

BIG D

5Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:53 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome on board nice looking bike.
Regards,
K-BIKE

6Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:32 am

judsrs

judsrs
Thanks for the welcome guy's!

When I done the touch ups on my bike, I needed the colour code for the paint but unfortunately the code label is gone. Which brings me to my first question? Can anyone tell from the pic's which blue it is?? I know it is not 'Atlantic Blue" or "Kiribu Blue" as I had them mixed and they were not a match. I had a guy mix some by hand that is a good match but it would be great to finally know what colour it is supposed to be. None of the paint suppliers I went to had codes for BMW bikes! Crying or Very sad

Thanks Jud

7Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:55 am

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
Nice bike mate , is that you that goes down montaque road in the morning ?? if so that photo does not do it justice ,that blue is fantastic

8Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:11 am

judsrs

judsrs
No, not me mate! but yes the blue is fantastic! photos never do a good enough job! Glossy, Rich and a mile deep!

9Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:28 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
toto if you can take a sample to one of the "better" auto paint suppliers ...they could maybe scan it ....the good guys have a paint lookup tables and sometimes can give you a manufacturers number ,

my local guys also gave me the printout of the formula for the original mix quantities (which i have misplaced darn it )

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

10Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:52 am

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/paintcodes.htm

Have a look here, you might find the code.

11Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:22 am

judsrs

judsrs
Thanks, that narrows it down to 3 possibles Smile

12Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:29 am

Give me the complete VIN and tomorrow I will plug it into the BMW ASAP computer on my desk and tell you what colour/code the factory painted it before it went out their doors. Today I learnt that my nice Marrakesh Red bike was originally painted a bronzy colour called Messing Metallic....sounds like a heavy metal band. But at least it's red like Blakey's!

13Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:33 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Two Wheels Better wrote:Give me the complete VIN and tomorrow I will plug it into the BMW ASAP computer on my desk and tell you what colour/code the factory painted it before it went out their doors. Today I learnt that my nice Marrakesh Red bike was originally painted a bronzy colour called Messing Metallic....sounds like a heavy metal band. But at least it's red like Blakey's!

new member from OZ 112350

14Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:01 am

judsrs

judsrs
Thank You!! PM sent I appreciate your time!!

15Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:09 am

That's Alaskablau metallic, code M606, or just 606 in some paint mixer's catalogues. The bike was made on the 1st of December, 1983 and was intended for the Australian market. The extras that it originally had are option code 694, flat mirror glass (planglasspiegel), 766, a bench seat with a strap (halteriemen f. sitzbank), 522, hazard warning flashers, 651, a rear splash shield, and the salesman made $250 dollars on commission.
new member from OZ 719641

16Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:18 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
omg .....!!!!

new member from OZ 44271

17Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:03 am

Cheeky is a cheeky does. new member from OZ 447221

18Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:27 am

judsrs

judsrs
WOW!! new member from OZ 212902 Thanks for that!! how cool to find out a bit of history. I only wish I had found this site sooner, it would of saved me and the paint guy some grief scratch

19Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:56 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"That's Alaskablau metallic, code M606, or just 606 in some..."

Schmartee pantz!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

20Back to top Go down   new member from OZ Empty Re: new member from OZ Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:04 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Hello JudsRS. I like the blue..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum