BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Got the thermals on today and braved the cold for a run down the coast. Not a long drive by some standards and only covered about 80 miles but as anyone who has driven on roads in Ireland will tell you, it can take longer than normal.
Drove down through Newcastle, a small seaside town, along the coast road around the Mourne mountains, through Kilkeel and ended up in Warrenpoint for a coffee and sticky bun. Warrenpoint is on Carlingford Lough and looks across the border to Omeath in Southern Ireland. Really nice run on a cold afternoon.
The roads were mainly dry but there was still a touch of frost in places that were out of the sun and hadn't been treated with salt.
I was going to go back over the hills but another hero out on a 1976 Suzuki GT380(!) didn't advise it, so I came back the same way.

I have put a few photos on this link.
Winter run in Northern Ireland

Hope it works. Been fiddling about with it half the night. New technology

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
John,

Just check the following page about inserting links into a post: Inserting link in your post

It's too bad that you don't have a picture of the Gt380.
I owned one in 1976 and believe it or not I was pulling a hack (sidecar)
I loved these 3 cylinders. I later owned a GT550 and a GT750 (3 cylinders 2 strokes water cooled).

When living in Africa in 1980, I had a Suzuki car with the same 3 cylinders 550cc engine as the motorcycle.
Maximum speed was 90kmh/h but you could climb trees because of the 4 wheel drive and a gear box with 4 high and 4 low gears.

Bert

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum