BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Agerbundsen

Agerbundsen
Silver member
Silver member
Vintage 1940's (me) and 1992 (bike) K 100 RS 16V. Have not been riding for very many years, so this was a now or never sorta decision. Last BMW was an R26 tractor - quite a difference.

(Somehow I got this posted before finishing - but the story continues)

The R26 served well to transport me and various pillions with camping gear etc. for Scout weekends and vene a two week summer camp with 20 teenage scouts from the inner city in Copenhagen on a meadow in the west of Jutland - which we shared with 20 heifers.

The R26 was followed by a Honda CB72, when they were first imported in to DK. Fast and handy, but not a tractor at all. Sold it in 1965 when conscrited into the Army.

No more powered two-wheelers for many years, but some fun 4-wheelers, including a 4WD Chevy Suburban with a little work done to get some extra power - I think we ended up near 400 HP on a small block Chevy base.

The latest 4-wheeler is a Skoda Yeti TDI 2.0 with 170 HP. This is baý far the most together car I ever owned.

The K100 RS 16V was added two weeks ago, and seems to be at the pinnacle of that design, although the wishlist had K75 on it. Out on the road, the K100 is great, but what a pain in really slow traffic.

I worked most of my career in the USA, Chicago and New England - after some time in the UK and Holland - and moved back to DK almost ten years ago. Partially retired almost a year ago, with a small retainer and not much work - which finally ends i six weeks' time.

Last edited by Agerbundsen on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Incomplete original post.)

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
welcome to the forum
i am new myself and this place is a gold mine of info
some things never change good solid engineering
col

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Agerbundsen and welcome.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Agerbundsen, I'm more 60's vintage, myself and new to the forum too. You'll enjoy it and there's tons of information on it. Enjoy.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard Agerbundsen

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome Agerbundsen!

You went from a German tractor to a German Panzer... definitely an upgrade.
Enjoy your new bike and the forum.
lately, I haven't had a lot of time to post, but a great bunch of people took the relay. You are in good hands here.

Bert

D1m1tr15

welcome †o the group

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hiya Agerbundsen,.....welcome to the forum

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome to the group. Lots of nice people on here. Maybe one day we will be able to afford a world get together. Just have to stop buying bits.

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Agerbundsen, I did almost exactly the same as you when I bought a 16 valve when I got back into 2 wheel riding.
Regards,
K-BIKE

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Welcome to the forum Agerbundsen,

BIG D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: