BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

macmies

macmies
Hi everybody! Just got my first K-bike, a 1985 K100RS last Sunday. Everything is great so far, but trying to learn as much as I can before it's time to tuck the old girl in for the winter (in a friend's garage;)). I resisted my mid-life crisis (50's craze, we say here) for two years, but finally had to give in!

As said, I know virtually nothing about these bikes, so you can anticipate a flood of questions!

Hmm, wonder if I am the Northernmost member? I live just on the Arctic Circle, Rovaniemi Finland (yep, the real home town of the Real Santa Claus santa !)

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hiya macmies ....welcome to the forum ....enjoy all the little pleasures mate ......

cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard macmies! You've come to the right place . You'll find there are lots of us in similar situations to you.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

Life time member
Life time member
macmies wrote:it's time to tuck the old girl in for the winter (in a friend's garage;)). I resisted my mid-life crisis (50's craze, we say here) for two years, but finally had to give in!

I too have mine tucked in a friends garage......apparently "do whatever the F"*$ you like" doesn't mean what I thought it did !Laughing

Only one question though on the 50's craze, why did you restist at all:P

Welcome to the forum lots of useful stuff on here_ I have learned so much all ready and I'm really enjoyin it.

88KE

judsrs

judsrs
Welcome mate!

Arctic circle Blizzard BRRRRRR!!!

at least you'll match the colour of the bike New member and a newbie (to K-bikes) from Lapland, Finland 652573

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome macmies
reindeers and crazy alcohol, you guys would make good aussies.
Enjoy your endless days when they come around again.
RT

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi macmies,
You guys deserve a medal for enduring the winters but the summer is magic. Best metal detectors I have ever found in extensive testing come from Finland.
Regards,
K-BIKE

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Macmies welcome to the forum mate, batten down the hatches as winter approaches, great country get the skiddoo out Smile

BIG D

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Wow Lapland..Santa Claus and all that...great bunch of guys here and the help and knowledge is endless.

Don't forget to visit the download page for manuals and know how.

Our web master Crazy Frog is a walking encyclopedia.

Welcome to the fold.

Ajays

AJAYS

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum